Instant Pot Vanilla Yogurt
Instant Pot cold start vanilla yogurt is creamy and delicious. Perfect for breakfast, smoothies, and more.
Yogurt is one the easiest thing I’ve made in my Instant Pot. It takes only 3 ingredients to make, and it makes a lot. So, if you’re a yogurt lover, this is definitely a recipe you’ll want to make. I make my yogurt using the cold-start method and it is no-fuss.
What a different ways to enjoy homemade yogurt?
There are many great uses for yogurt. With your favorite toppings, like fruit and granola, or in smoothies. Also, as a substitution for mayonnaise and sour cream in many dishes, though you may want to use plain yogurt for this.
What are the benefits of yogurt?
Yogurt is also high in protein which keeps you feeling full longer. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Ultra-filtered whole milk
- Natural Bliss vanilla creamer
- Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt
You need only 3 ingredients to make yogurt. First, milk that is ultra-filtered, like Fairlife. It’s important to start with a milk that has already been boiled to kill any bacteria. The cold-start method will save time on your yogurt making process. If you are unable to find ultra-filtered milk locally, then the boil yogurt method works too.
For boiling milk, any type of milk will work, including non-dairy milks. To do this, start by pouring the milk in a pot on the stove and bringing it to 180 degrees. It doesn’t need to come to a full boil at 212 degrees. Once the milk is at 180 degrees, hold it there for about 30 minutes. Then, cool the milk down to 115 degrees. Now it’s ready to add to the Instant Pot.
How to make Instant Pot Cold Start Vanilla Yogurt
Once the milk is in the Instant Pot, add in the vanilla creamer. I use the Coffee-Mate Natural Bliss brand. You can skip this step if you prefer plain flavored yogurt. I add the vanilla creamer because I like my yogurt flavored a bit.
Once the milk and creamer are stirred together, add in the yogurt. The reason you need yogurt to make yogurt is because of the active cultures it contains. It acts as a starter for your new yogurt. When buying your yogurt, be sure that it has live active yogurt cultures. Add in the plain Greek yogurt to the milk and creamer with a whisk, stirring until the yogurt is blended in.
Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, leaving the valve open. Press the yogurt button and let the Instant Pot work its magic. It takes about 8 hours for the yogurt to be finished. Once it’s done, remove the insert, lightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled. At least for 4 hours, but overnight is better.
If you save several tablespoons of your yogurt you can use it to start your next batch of Instant Pot yogurt.
How do I store homemade yogurt?
Place yogurt in an air tight container. It will last for 10-14 days in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze homemade yogurt?
Yes. Place yogurt in a freezer safe container. It will last in the freezer for up to 2 months.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (1/2 cup): 139
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot Cold Start Vanilla Yogurt
- 52 oz Fairlife, whole ultra-filtered milk
- 16 oz Coffee-Mate natural bliss vanilla creamer
- 7 oz Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt
- Add milk and creamer to the Instant Pot and stir together. Whisk yogurt to the milk and creamer until smooth.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot and push the Yogurt button. It will take approximately 8 hours for yogurt to finish. The vent does not need to be sealed.
- After the yogurt is done, remove pot insert, cover llightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill, about 4 hours.
- If ultra-filtered milk is unavailable, you can use any milk using the boil method. Pour milk in a pot on the stove and bring milk to 180 degrees. Once the milk is at 180 degrees, you’ll want to hold it there for about 30 minutes. Then, quickly cool the milk down to 115 degrees. Now it’s ready to add to the Instant Pot.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Instant Pot Cold Start Vanilla Yogurt, then you might also like: