Easy Chicken Noodle Soup – Low-Calorie
Easy homemade chicken noodle soup is the perfect comfort food. It is also filling without being high in calories. A family favorite.
Chicken soup is my all-time favorite soup. It’s one of the most popular soups in the country, first made famous my Campbell’s over 80 years ago. Since then there have been many different brands to release their own version of the soup, including the many homemade recipes created over the years. Chicken noodle soup is delicious and a true classic. It screams comfort food.
What is chicken noodle soup?
Chicken noodle soup is a soup made from chicken, simmered in water or broth, usually with various other ingredients. The classic chicken noodle soup consists of a clear chicken broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables, with the addition pasta.
There are many different versions, including the traditional soup with just noodles and bits of chicken. Also, varieties with veggies added. The types of noodles can also vary from one soup to another. It’s a versatile soup that can be customized to your specific taste.
What can I add to chicken soup for more flavor?
Potatoes, rice and kidney beans add more heartiness to soup. Thyme, poultry seasoning, basil, peppercorns, bay leaves and parsley add more flavors.
To make this soup, heat olive oil in a large pot. Add carrots, celery, and onions and sauté on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes. Once the vegetables are soft, add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and shredded chicken and mix well. Next, add the onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir well to make sure everything is evenly combined. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cooked egg noodles and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
How do I store chicken soup?
Place cooled soup in an air tight container. Properly stored, cooked chicken soup will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze chicken soup?
Yes! Place cooled soup in freezer safe resealable bags or in a freezer safe container. It should keep for about 4 months.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Olive oil
- Cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Rotisserie chicken
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Egg noodles
Calories per serving (1 cup): 385
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup - Low-Calorie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 10.5 oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 54 oz less sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz package egg noodles, cooked according to package
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add carrots, celery, and onions. Sauté on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and shredded chicken. Mix well.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, salt. Stir well to make sure everything is evenly mixed. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cooked egg noodles and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Easy Chicken Noodle Soup, then you might also like: