This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This rustic peach galette recipe is made with a Greek yogurt crust and is a fun dessert. It’s a great way to use fresh peaches too.
Peach season is dwindling down, but that didn’t stop me from making one more peach treat before the season is officially over. If you have a large quantity of peaches, this rustic peach galette recipe is the perfect way to use them up.
The nice thing about galettes is that they are super versatile. Any fruit works. They can be made using all of the same fruit, or a mix of different fruits.
What is a galette?
Galettes originate from French cuisine. They are a flat, round pastry made of dough. Galettes resemble a rustic looking pie. The center is always open where the pastry dough is wrapped over a filling.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Rustic and easy to assemble
- Great way to use peaches or any fruit
- Ready in under an hour
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
How to make this recipe
The process can be a bit time consuming, but making galettes isn’t too complicated.
1 – Start by cutting up the fruit, then prepping it with the sugar and cornstarch.
2 – One fruit is mixed with the sugar and cornstarch, transfer to a colander. Set it aside to start draining off the excess liquids.
Baking alone releases plenty of liquids, even in fresh fruit.
3 – Mix the flour and salt together, then stir in the small chunks of butter.
4 – Once that’s mixed, add in the Greek yogurt. Stir well and knead until smooth and dough is no longer crumbly.
5 – Rolling out the pastry dough is the most challenging part, but this dough holds together well. A trick is to use two sheets of wax paper and roll the dough out between them with a rolling pin. I roll mine out until the dough is round and about ¼” – ½” thick.
6 – Once the dough is rolled out, add the fruit filling to the center leaving about a 2-inch border.
7 – Fold up the border over the edge of the fruit and fold and overlap the dough as you go. The nice thing about the rustic-ness of galettes is that it doesn’t have to be perfect!
8 – After the dough is all folded, brush the egg wash onto the crust, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
9 – Bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is lightly browed.
How do I store my homemade galette?
Similar to a pie, a galette can be stored at room temperature in a resealable storage or airtight container.
Can I freeze my homemade galette?
Yes. Place the galette on a flat baking sheet in the freezer for about an hour, then transfer to a freezer safe container. Stored properly, they will last up to a month in the freezer.
Calories per serving (1 slice): 232
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 tbsp salted butter, cut into small 1/4" cubes
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a medium bowl, mix together the fruit, sugar and cornstarch. Pour into a colander to drain extra juices. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add butter to the flour mixture and stir.
- Add Greek yogurt and stir as thouroughly as possible. Mixture will still be crumbly. Gently knead in bowl until the mixture comes together to form dough and crumbly pieces are gone.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper (or plastic wrap). Roll until dough is round and about 1/2-inch thick. Place on baking sheet.
- Pour the fruit mixture in the center of the dough leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit, folding and overlapping dough until folded all the way around.
- Brush the egg onto the crust, then sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp of sugar. Bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is lightly browed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
- This recipe also works with a store bought pie crust. Adjust oven temperature and bake time according to package.
- Any variation of fruit works with this recipe. Approximately 3 cups of fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Makerstep Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Strainers. Set of 3 Graduated Sizes Strainer Wire Sieve with Insulated Handle for Kitchen, Cooking, Food Preparation. Premium Stainless Steel, Lightweight
Goodcook 08929002199 Nonstick Bakeware, Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie Sheet, Multicolor
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!