Healthier banana cream pie makes a quick breakfast, snack, or dessert alternative. It’s sure to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Happy National Banana Cream Pie Day! I whipped up this 4 ingredient version of a healthier banana cream pie. It’s so simple and if you love bananas and yogurt then you’ll love this. It’s perfect for breakfast, snack, dessert, or whenever the moods strikes!
What is yogurt?
Yogurt is a dairy product made by fermenting milk with a yogurt culture. Some yogurts contain active, living bacteria known as probiotics, which can help keep the intestines healthy.
How is yogurt made?
First, milk is heated then cooled to the desired fermentation temperature, typical between 106-114°F. Then, bacterial cultures are added and the mixture is then left to ferment until the bacteria grows, produces lactic acid, and gels the milk proteins to produce yogurt.
Is yogurt healthy?
Yogurt is high in calcium and vitamins B6 and B12. It also contains protein, riboflavin, potassium, and magnesium. The amounts differ depending on the type. One cup of yogurt provides 49% of your daily calcium needs.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Fun twist on breakfast or dessert
- No baking required
- Only 4 ingredients
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Lite whipped topping
- Butter Cookie
How to make this recipe
1 – Add half of a 5.3-ounce container of yogurt into small glass jar. I recommend the banana flavor, but if your store doesn’t carry it, the Toasted Coconut Vanilla flavor tastes great too.
2 – Layer the yogurt with half of the sliced bananas.
3 – Add the rest of the yogurt. Then, top with the remainder of sliced bananas, lite whipped topping and crushed butter cookie.
I used Pepperidge Farm Chessman butter cookies. They taste great and give the “pie” the crunch of a crust.
There is no baking required in this pie and it comes together in minutes!
Calories per serving (1 “pie”): 193
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Healthier Banana Cream Pie
- 5.3 oz Dannon Light and Fit 80-calorie yogurt, divided
- 1/2 banana, sliced, divided
- 2 tbsp lite whipped topping
- 1 butter cookie, crushed I use Chessmen Pepperidge Farm
- Place half container of yogurt into small glass jar. Layer with half of sliced bananas.
- Add remainder of yogurt. Then top with remainder of sliced bananas, lite whipped topping and butter cookies. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.