Low-Calorie Banana Bread
Low-calorie banana bread recipe is only 49 calories per slice. It’s great for breakfast, snack, dessert, or whenever the mood strikes.
I’m always trying to make new recipes with lesser calories in mind. So, I decided to give banana bread a try, and I was pleasantly surprised. When I made this, I added all the batter to one larger bread pan. However, my suggestion is to divide the batter into two smaller bread pans if you have those available. It makes the bread slightly less dense and it will be easier to portion out.
One piece of advise is to use well-ripened bananas because their sweetness and moisture affect the taste and texture. The riper the banana the better it will be for the recipe. It should look like it’s almost rotten. The banana inside may start getting brown spots, and that’s okay because it will be sweeter and will work much better with this texture.
If you’ve ever bought a sort of still green banana you will know that the texture of the banana is still really firm and not very soft or sweet. The riper, softer bananas will not only be sweeter but easier to mash up as well. You can make this ahead of time it will make a great breakfast, and could also be great for a quick snack or after dinner dessert.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Low-Calorie Banana Bread
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Vanilla extract
- Baking Powder
- Skim milk
Calories per serving (1 slice): 49
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Low-Calorie Banana Bread
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two mini-baking pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the flour. Gently mix by hand until dough is blended and smooth.
- Add in flour. Stir until combined.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool. Cut each loaf into 6 slices. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Low-Calorie Banana Bread, then you might also like: