Below you will find the disclosure and privacy policies for this website: Simply Low Cal.
If you believe any of this information to be incorrect or conflicting then please let us know.
This information is freely given and openly recorded.
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
This policy is valid from 16 July 2019
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Simply Low Cal may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 5th May 2019.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to Simply Low Cal website:
We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to Simply Low Cal website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, commenting on a post or submitting an enquire using our contact form.
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access Simply Low Cal website.
For example, when you use Simply Low Cal website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed Simply Low Cal website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using Simply Low Cal website, such as links clicked.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computers hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may log information using cookies. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on Simply Low Cal website.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by Simply Low Cal website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
How your information may be used.
- We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain Simply Low Cal website.
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To track and measure advertising on Simply Low Cal website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party use of Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties ONLY when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, Simply Low Cal website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of Simply Low Cal website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Simply Low Cal website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on Simply Low Cal website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Mailchimp – this service is used for the delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for the purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in Simply Low Cal website’s sole discretion.
Except when directly required by law, we will never sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through Simply Low Cal website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Information
When you comment on a post or article on Simply Low Cal website, your name will appear with that comment. Your email address will NEVER be visible to others. Ensure you put your email in the email field and your name in the name field.
Affiliate Program Participation
Simply Low Cal website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into Simply Low Cal website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Simply Low Cal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, Simply Low Cal website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On Simply Low Cal website, you have a choice to subscribe to our newsletter. This newsletter is sent out to promote new posts, new products and keep you up to date on Simply Low Cal activity. This newsletter can be used for advertising purposes.
All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows us at Simply Low Cal to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Rights Related to your Personal Information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in every email we send out. You can find this at the bottom of the email. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
Simply Low Cal website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that Simply Low Cal website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.