100-calorie blueberry muffins are sure to curb that sweet tooth. Simply, delicious, and perfect for breakfast, snack, or a dessert.
These blueberry muffins are a great breakfast or snack option. Anyone else not a huge fan of raw uncooked blueberries, but love them in baked goods? I think the taste and texture are completely different, and something about them being cooked, especially in baked goods, makes me want to gobble them up.
What are blueberries?
Blueberries are perennial flowering plants with blue to purple colored berries. They are small in diameter and actually start out green, but then change to purple and blue as they ripen.
What are the benefits of eating blueberries?
Blueberries are low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K. They are also incredibly high in antioxidants.
These are perfect for those busy mornings when there’s not time to make breakfast. Just grab one as you’re headed out the door. They are also a quick and healthy snack option for kids.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Baking soda
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Egg whites
- Frozen blueberries
How to make 100-Calorie Blueberry Muffins
To make these muffins, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then, place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin or cupcake pan. If you prefer not to use liners, spray the muffin pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Next, add the applesauce, sugar, egg whites and water. Mix until blended. Fold in the blueberries. Bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, use a toothpick to check if center of muffins are cooked through.
How do I store homemade muffins?
Place cooled muffins in an air tight container or resealable plastic bag in a single layer and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze homemade muffins?
Place cooled muffins in a freezer safe resealable bag, or wrap them tightly in heavy foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (1 muffin): 100
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
100-Calorie Blueberry Muffins - Low-Calorie
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 12 cupcake liners in muffin or cupcake pan. If not using liners, spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add applesauce, sugar, egg whites and water to the bowl and mix until blended. Fold in blueberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Use toothpick to check if center of muffins are cooked through. Enjoy!
- Be careful not to over-bake these muffins as they can easily become too dense and dry.
- For sweeter muffins, feel free to sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top of each muffin before baking.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like 100-Calorie Blueberry Muffins, then you might also like: