Strawberry Lemon Layered Cake
Layered strawberry lemon cake is a lightened up cake with lots of flavor. Perfect for the Easter holiday.
- 15.25 oz box lemon cake mix
- 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 2 cups water, divided
- 8 oz tub lite whipped topping
- 1 oz box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 - 9" round cake pans with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together lemon cake mix, 1 cup Greek yogurt and 1 cup water. Mix for about 1 minute or until well blended. Divide in half, and pour mixture into prepared baking pans.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check with toothpick in center to see if done. After 5 minutes, flip cakes over onto wire racks. Let cool.
Repeat with strawberry cake mix.
Place one lemon cake round on a plate or cake stand. Spread a thin, even layer of frosting on top. Place strawberry cake round on top forming a sandwich. Spread with a thin, even layer or frosting. Repeat until all layers have been frosted.
Frost the rest of the cake over the top and sides. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Serving: 16g | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 7mg