This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Broiled chicken and vegetable kabobs produce juicy chicken and tender vegetables. They are sure to be a crowd pleaser and are a great summertime menu option.
It’s that time of year to break out the skewers to make kabobs. Kabobs are a popular summertime food that is synonymous with summer.
They broiled chicken and vegetable kabobs are easy to make, and easily interchangeable to your tastes. Pretty much any meats or veggies work. While kabobs are an excellent food for the grill, they can also be cooked indoors without a grill.
Popping the kabobs for a quick broil in the oven is also a great and efficient way to cook them.
What is broiling?
Broiling is cooking by exposing food to direct radiant heat. Broiling differs from roasting and baking in that the food is turned during the process so as to cook one side at a time.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Perfect summertime food
- Flavorful marinade for meat and vegetables
- Makes a great grab and go by the pool food
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Lite soy sauce
- Minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Red onion
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
How to make this recipe
1 – Place the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and salt and pepper into a large bowl, or resealable storage bag. Combine well.
2 – Add the chicken and all the vegetables to the marinade. Toss to coat in the marinade.
3 – Cover bowl, or zip resealable storage bag, and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Up to 8 hours if desired.
4 – While the chicken and vegetables are marinating, soak skewers in cold water, at least 30 minutes.
5 – Preheat broiler to high, and let preheat for at least 15-20 minutes.
6 – Turn the oven onto high broil for about 15-20 minutes before broiling to ensure the oven is nice and hot.
7 – Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the kabobs evenly across the baking sheet.
8 – Broil on one side for 4 minutes, then flip all the kabobs over and broil for another 5 minutes.
Tip – while the chicken and vegetables are marinating, soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Soaking the skewers before cooking helps prevent the skewers from becoming black and charred.
Can I broil without a broiling pan?
Yes, you can use a roasting pan, cookie sheet/baking pan, aluminum baking trays, and cast-iron skillets.
How do I store my cooked chicken kabobs?
Placed cooled kabobs in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories per serving (1 kabob): 203
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Place the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and salt and pepper into a large bowl, or resealable storage bag. Combine well.
- Add the chicken and all the vegetables to the marinade. Toss to coat in the marinade.
- Cover bowl, or zip resealable storage bag, and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Up to 8 hours if desired.
- While chicken and vegetables are marinating, soak skewers in cold water, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high, and let preheat for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers. Arrange in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil on one side for 4 minutes. Turn kabobs and broil for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Soaking the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking helps prevent the skewers from becoming black and charred during cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Goodcook 08929002199 Nonstick Bakeware, Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie Sheet, Multicolor
HOPELF 10" Natural Bamboo Skewers for BBQ，Appetiser，Fruit，Cocktail，Kabob，Chocolate Fountain，Grilling，Barbecue，Kitchen，Crafting and Party. Φ=4mm, More Size Choices 6"/8"/12"/14"/16"/30"(100 PCS)
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 18g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other chicken recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!