This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Air fryer crispy chicken caesar wraps are hand-battered and air-fried chicken strips and crisp and creamy caesar salad rolled into a hand-held tortilla. The perfect lunch-on-the-run or busy weeknight dinner.
These air fryer crispy chicken caesar wraps are one of my favorite meals, especially for lunch on the go. Battering the chicken strips is super easy, and the air fryer cooks them perfectly. Once the chicken is cooked, these wraps come together in a cinch.
Rolling the wraps up burrito-style may take a little practice, but this recipe is the easiest once you get the hang of it. It’s perfect for packing on picnics, as a quick bite between appointments and as a satisfying and delicious family dinner.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Air frying the chicken instead of deep-frying means less oil and fewer calories.
- Wraps are great to make once and grab and go for the next few days.
- Family-friendly. Chicken Caesar wraps are always a fan favorite.
- Customizable. You can add just about anything.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the air fryer crispy chicken strips:
- Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless and cut into strips) – Or you can buy pre-cut chicken strips or chicken tenderloins.
- Eggs – Are used to wet-batter the chicken.
- All-Purpose Flour, Cornstarch & Nature’s Seasoning – Create a simple chicken batter with a ton of flavor.
For the caesar salad wrap:
- Light Caesar Dressing – For fewer calories, use a lighter caesar dressing. Otherwise, use whatever thick, tangy and delicious caesar dressing you like.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Croutons and Romaine Lettuce – Are vital ingredients in classic caesar salads.
- 8″ Tortillas – I find flour tortillas to be the most pliable. You could also use whole wheat tortillas, but they aren’t as forgiving.
How To Make This Recipe
Step 1: Combine dry ingredients.
In a medium shallow mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch and seasoning.
Step 2: Beat eggs.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until smooth and combined.
Step 3: Batter chicken.
Press each chicken strip into the flour mixture, then through the whisked egg and then back through the flour mixture. There should be an even coating of each layer.
Step 4: Air fry battered chicken strips.
Spray the air fryer basket with a nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken strips in the fryer basket, leaving space in between each. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to work in batches. Cook at 380 degrees F for 8 minutes, flip and cook for three more minutes.
Step 5: Prep lettuce.
Chop the lettuce and give it a thorough wash. Then, add it to a large mixing bowl along with the dressing, cheese and croutons. Gently toss the salad to combine.
Step 6: Add filling and roll into wraps.
Add a 1/2 cup of Caesar salad to the bottom half of the tortilla and 3 to 4 crispy chicken strips. Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the salad. Then, make two vertical folds on both sides of the bottom fold. Now it’s time to start rolling. Use the tips of your fingers to tuck any loose salad in and the sides as you roll the tortilla upwards in a tight burrito.
- After arranging the battered chicken strips in the air fryer, spray the tops generously with cooking spray to get them extra crispy.
- Not all air fryer brands cook the same, so keep an eye on your chicken strips.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165°. Take the temperature from the thickest part of a piece of chicken. Continue to cook until the chicken reaches temperature.
What to Serve with Chicken Caesar Wraps
These wraps are a satisfying meal all on their own. They are also delicious served with one of these tasty sides:
Variations & Mix-Ins
To cut back on the carbs, you could use low-carb tortillas or leave the tortillas out entirely and use lettuce cups.
Seasonings: Nature’s Seasoning is a balanced all-purpose seasoning but feel free to use one of your favorite blends. To give the crispy chicken a little kick, use Cajun, blackening or dry buffalo seasoning.
Sauces: You can also toss the crispy chicken strips in a tasty sauce like buffalo or barbecue sauce before rolling into your caesar wrap.
More Mix-in Ideas: the options are endless! Try adding a few of these to your wraps:
- Diced Tomato
- DIced Red Onion
- Crispy Bacon Crumbles
- Diced Cucumber
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Wrap each caesar wrap tightly in aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. They are perfect for packed lunches as they taste great served cold and at room temperature.
Freezing: is not recommended.
Wraps can be healthy depending on what is stuffed inside of them. The crispy chicken in these wraps is cooked in the air fryer, which cuts back on A LOT of the fat and calorie content.
Of course. Coat the chicken strips in cooking spray and the seasonings and air fry until cooked to temperature.
Yes, any bagged prebreaded chicken strips can be cooked in the air fryer. If air fryer instructions are not listed on the bag, cook the strips at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes, shaking the basket every few minutes until the chicken is crisp and cooked through.
If you would rather skip the tortilla wrap, you can easily turn this recipe into your favorite chicken caesar salad.
Absolutely. You can add chili powder or paprika to your crispy chicken seasoning, or you can toss your cooked chicken in some hot sauce, like Frank’s RedHot.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasst, cut into strips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose mflour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of nature’s seasoning
- 1/4 cup light Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 4 - 8" tortillas
1. In a bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and seasoning.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs until combined.
3. Place each chicken strip in the flour, then the eggs and then back into the flour filling coating in each process.
4. Spray the air fryer basket with a nonstick cooking spray, then place the battered strips in the air fryer basket. Cook on 380° for 8 minutes, flip and cook for 3 more minutes.
5. Chop and wash the lettuce, add to a bowl with dressing, cheese and croutons.
6. On each tortilla, spoon 1/2 cup of salad mixture and 3-4 chicken strips. Roll into a burrito and serve.
The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165°. Measure this at the thickest part of the chicken. Continue cooking until chicken reaches temperature.
Different air fryer brands may cook at different rates, so be sure to keep on eye on food.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 Quart
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 401mgSodium: 3979mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g