This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Healthy onion rings are baked in the oven. No oil required for this recipe which means no greasy onion rings!
Crispy onion rings don’t have to be greasy! Instead of being deep fried in oil, these onion rings are baked in the oven. They still turn out crispy and delicious!
Pair these with your next meal!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These onion rings are baked in the oven, rather than deep frying.
- Loved by kids and adults.
- Great to pair with hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches and more!
- They make a great snack or appetizer too!
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Yellow onion
- All-purpose flour
- Plain yogurt
How To Make Healthy Onion Rings
1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
2 – Dredge onion slices in flour and shake off any excess. Dip onions in yogurt, then dredge in breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with salt.
3 – Arrange onion rings on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes to brown.
How Do I Store Onion Rings?
Place the onion rings in a zip top bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Place them in the broiler to heat and crisp up again when ready to eat.
Calories per serving (1/4 onion): 142
- Large yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Dredge onion slices in flour and shake off any excess. Dip onions in yogurt, then dredge in breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange onion rings on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes to brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.