Turkey pinwheels are a great low-calorie lunch option. Make the night before to save on time, and grab on the go before work or school.
These turkey pinwheels make a great lunch for adults and children alike. I make these for my son to take in his school lunch and they are different from some of the regular lunches of hummus, sandwiches, wraps, etc. He takes his lunch daily, so we’ve gone through every possible lunch item it seems.
I used to buy them pre-made from the store for the convenience of being ready made. After buying them several times from the store, it makes more sense to make them at home. These turkey pinwheels are very simple to make because all you need are tortillas, cream cheese, deli turkey, and really any toppings you would like to put on them.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Perfect for lunch or snack
- Great to make ahead and keep in the fridge
- Versatile and can be changed to personal taste
Ingredients for Turkey Pinwheels
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Deli turkey meat
- Dry Ranch mix
- Fat free cream cheese
- Diced green chiles
How to make this recipe
1 – Mix the dry ranch dip into the cream cheese until fully incorporated.
2 – Spread the cream cheese mixture onto a tortilla. I like the Olé Mexican Foods tortillas, but any tortilla will work.
3 – Place the turkey slices, pimentos, and diced green chiles on the tortilla and wrap it up tightly.
4 – Cut into slices.
Pinwheels are so versatile. Almost anything can be added to them, including different meats. When rolling them up, just have to be sure to roll them tight so they stay closed.
A tip, these also make a great party appetizer, and a toothpick is ideal to hold them together.
How do I store turkey pinwheels?
You can safely refrigerate turkey pinwheels for up to 3 days in an air tight container. However, they taste best when eaten within 24 hours.
Can I freeze turkey pinwheels?
Yes, although they will taste best when eaten fresh. Arrange in a flat layer on a baking sheet and freeze completely. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container and store for up to 1 month in the freezer.
Calories per serving (1 wrap): 174
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Low-Calorie Turkey Pinwheels
- 1 tomato basil tortilla or any Olé Mexican Foods tortilla
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 4 oz sliced pimentos
- 3/4 tsp dry ranch dip mix
- 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp diced green chiles
- Add the dry ranch dip mix with the cream cheese until mixed well.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto one tortilla.
- Place the turkey slices, pimentos, and diced green chiles on the tortilla.
- Tightly wrap tortilla. Slice into 6 pieces. You can use a toothpick to keep pinwheels secure, if needed.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!