Turkey Pinwheels – Low-Calorie
These turkey pinwheels are a great low-calorie lunch option. Make the night before to save on time, and grab on the go before work or school.
These turkey pinwheels make a great lunch for adult and children alike. I make these for my son to take in his school lunch and they are different from some of the regular lunches of hummus, sandwiches, wraps, etc. He takes his lunch daily, so we’ve gone through every possible lunch item it seems.
Pinwheels are one of his favorite things to take, and doesn’t get tired of them as easily. I used to buy them pre made from the store for the convenience of being ready made. After buying them several times from the store, it makes more sense to make them at home. The store bought pinwheels cost an upwards of $6 dollars for a pack which I divided up into two lunches.
These turkey pinwheels are very simple to make because all you need are tortillas, cream cheese, deli turkey, and really any toppings you would like to put on them. I mixed dry ranch dip into the cream cheese to give it more flavor. I also use pimentos and green chiles, but you can use anything you’d like. If you’re making the pinwheels fresh, lettuce and tomato would work great. Often times we make lunches at night and keep them in the fridge for a day or two, and the lettuce and tomato don’t hold up as well. If you decide to make them same day then it will be fine.
Pinwheels are so versatile. Almost anything can be added to them, including different meats. When rolling them up, I just have to be sure to roll them tight so they’ll stay closed. What are some of your favorite kinds of pinwheels? A tip, these also make a great party appetizer, and a toothpick is ideal to hold them together.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Turkey Pinwheels
- Deli turkey meat
- Dry Ranch mix
- Fat free cream cheese
- Diced green chiles
Calories per serving (1 wrap): 174
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Turkey Pinwheels - Low-Calorie
- 1 tomato basil tortilla or any Olé Mexican Foods tortilla
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 4 oz sliced pimentos
- 3/4 tsp dry ranch dip mix
- 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp diced green chiles
- Add the dry ranch dip mix with the cream cheese until mixed well.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto one tortilla.
- Place the turkey slices, pimentos, and diced green chiles on the tortilla.
- Tightly wrap tortilla. Slice into 6 pieces.
- You can use a toothpick to keep pinwheels secure, if needed. They can be stored in a air tight container for a few days.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Turkey Pinwheels, then you might also like: