This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Homemade vegan pumpkin soup is a fall comfort in a bowl. Perfect for a chilly day or to get in the fall mood. Perfect for pumpkin lovers!
Who else loves eating and drinking all things pumping this time of year? If you are an all things pumpkin lover then you will want to cozy up with a bowl of this homemade vegan pumpkin soup.
It’s made with vegetables, so not only is it perfect for pumpkin season, it’s all good for you.
There’s no dairy in this soup, making it completely vegan as well. I like to top my soup with a pinch of pumpkin seeds, for a little crunch factor.
What are the benefits of eating pumpkin?
Pumpkin is packed with nutrients and yet has under 50 calories per cup, which makes it a nutrient dense food. It’s high in vitamins A and C, and is also a good source of fiber.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious soup full of nutrients
- Plant based for those who avoid dairy
- Perfect for the fall season and for pumpkin lovers
- Great for the whole family
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Pumpkin purée
- Gold potatoes
- Yellow onion
- Dried thyme
- Avocado oil
- Vegetable stock
- Ground pepper
How to make this recipe
1 – Heat avocado oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
2 – Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
3 – Turn heat to medium-low. Add potatoes, celery, and about 1/4 cup of the vegetable stock and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4 – Add pumpkin purée and the rest of the vegetable stock, thyme, salt and pepper.
5 – Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
6 – Add soup to a blender and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender if you prefer.
Tip – If you find the soup too thick for your preference, you can add more vegetable stock to thin it out.
Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
How do I store my leftover pumpkin soup?
Once the soup is cooled, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
How do I freeze my leftover pumpkin soup?
Transfer the cooled soup to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat when ready to eat. If the soup is too thick once defrosted, add a little vegetable stock or water to thin it out.
Calories per serving (approximately 2 cups): 139
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat avocado oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Add potatoes, celery, and about 1/4 cup of the vegetable stock and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add pumpkin purée and the rest of the vegetable stock, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Add soup to a blender and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender if you prefer. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- If you find the soup too thick for your preference, you can add more vegetable stock to thin it out.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
GreenPan Paris 8 Quart Non-Stick Dishwasher Safe Ceramic Covered Stockpot, Gray -
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!