Creamy Taco Soup – Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
This bowl of this creamy taco soup is sure to satisfy and is low in calories. It’s easy to make and comes together in a short amount of time.
Who else loves a good creamy taco soup? One of the biggest reasons why I love it is because I can typically have a decent portion size without the number of calories getting out of hand and it’s filling. When making this recipe I opted to use 93/7 ground beef to make it lower in calories. However, you can also use ground beef that is 95/5 to get it a little lower in calories still.
Typically, I use the less fatty meat because it eliminates all the grease that comes with the full fat ground beef when cooking. A trick people do is to buy the ground beef higher in fat and then rinse it off in a colander after cooking. You can try that as well since ground beef that is higher in fat tends to be more cost effective. Also, I added broccoli to this soup for the added fiber and the flavor the broccoli added. If you don’t like broccoli, especially in a taco soup, feel free to omit it. It will still taste delicious without it.
A tip: If you want to make this recipe into a dip for tortilla chips, or to put over tortilla chips in nacho form, you can eliminate the water and it will give the recipe a thicker consistency. However, if you plan to eat in a bowl with a spoon like soup, then proceed with the water. 🙂
Also, you can make this creamy taco soup using your slow cooker. Just throw all of these ingredients into a slow cooker and let your soup cook on low for several hours to heat everything through. Be sure to cook the ground beef beforehand though as it won’t cook properly if you put it in raw.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Creamy Taco Soup
- 93/7 ground beef
- Canned stewed tomatoes
- Black beans
- Pinto beans
- Frozen broccoli
- Fat free cream cheese
- Fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- Ranch mix
- Taco seasoning
Calories per serving (approx. 1 cup): 162
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Creamy Taco Soup - Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
- 2 lbs 93/7 ground beef
- 4.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies, like Rotel
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 5.3 oz container fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 packet ranch dip mix
- 2 packets reduced sodium taco seasoning
- In a large pot, brown ground beef over medium high heat with one pack of taco seasoning.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain and return to pan. Add all the canned ingredients, water, broccoli, and remaining seasoning packets.
- Heat until the frozen broccoli begins to soften, stirring often. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese and greek yogurt to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes, until cream cheese and yogurt are blended with no lumps.Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Creamy Taco Soup, then you might also like: