This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Healthy roasted red pepper and tomato soup is a quick and easy soup to make on the stovetop. Perfect for a chilly night and pairs great with croutons.
This is the perfect time of year to enjoy soup. When the weather is chilly, a nice warm, cozy bowl of soup is essential.
If you want to take the classic tomato soup up a notch, the roasted red peppers add a nice touch. They really give this healthy roasted red pepper and tomato soup added flavor. Finish the soup off with some croutons on top to add some crunch.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Great soup for chilly weather
- Perfect for a vegetarian, meatless meal
- A great date night soup, paired with croutons
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Roasted red peppers in brine
- Diced tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Tomato puree
- Low sodium chicken broth
- Ground pepper
- Heavy cream
How to make this recipe
1 – Drain the red peppers from the brine and place them in a food processor.
2 – Add the diced tomatoes to the food processor. Puree the peppers and tomatoes until smooth.
3 – Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat. Add the pepper and tomato mixture, tomato puree, chicken broth, sugar, salt and pepper and mix well.
4 – Simmer soup for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
5 – Whisk in cream and heat though again, about 5 minutes.
6 – Ladle soup into bowls and top with croutons.
How do I store my leftover tomato soup?
Place the cooled soup in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
Can I freeze my leftover tomato soup?
Yes! Place cooled soup in a resealable freezer bag. Lay flat to freeze. Stored properly, the soup will last about 4-6 months in the freezer.
Calories per serving (approximately 2 cups): 251
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers in brine, drained
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Croutons for topping, optional
1. Drain the red peppers from the brine and place them in a food processor.
2. Add the diced tomatoes to the food processor. Puree the peppers and tomatoes until smooth.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat. Add the pepper and tomato mixture, tomato puree, chicken broth, sugar, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Simmer soup for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
5. Whisk in cream and heat though again, about 5 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and top with croutons.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Nylon Ladle
OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup,Clear,2 Cup
KitchenAid Classic Measuring Spoons, Set of 5, Aqua Sky/Black
Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper with Bowl Scraper, Stainless Steel (70730)
GreenPan Paris 8 Quart Non-Stick Dishwasher Safe Ceramic Covered Stockpot, Gray -
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 646mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.