Crispy oven roasted chickpeas make a great snack, and give a nice crunch to salads and bowls.
If you love adding a little crunch to your salads or bowls, crispy chickpeas will do just that. Making them takes only 3 ingredient and they are really easy to bake in the oven. All you need are a can of chickpeas, olive oil, and salt. They come out nice and crispy, and even make a great snack.
What are chickpeas?
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are a type of legume. Although there is more than one variety, the most common type has a round shape and a beige color.
What are the benefits to eating chickpeas?
Chickpeas are a good source of protein, a cup provides almost 1/3 of an adult’s daily protein needs. They also provide a variety of vitamins and minerals, as well as a good amount of fiber.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make snack
- Great to take on the go
- Perfect to add to salads and bowls
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Olive oil
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. First you’ll want to rinse and drain the chickpeas. Then, lay them out on a towel, or paper towel, until they dry.
2 – Place them in a bowl, add the olive oil and salt and mix around until the oil and salt cover the chickpeas.
3 – Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and spread the chickpeas out onto the sheet. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. About halfway through the baking time, shake the baking sheet to shuffle the chickpeas around a bit.
4 – Remove the chickpeas from the oven and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes. They will continue to harden after they cool down.
Chickpeas are best eaten within a day, but will last for several days in a container.
How do I store oven roasted chickpeas?
Once chickpeas have fully cooled, place them in a glass jar, or container and loosely cover. Chickpeas are best eaten within the first day, but will last for 4-5 days at room temperature.
Can I freeze oven roasted chickpeas?
Place chickpeas in a freezer safe container, sealed well, and freeze for up to one month.
Calories per serving (approx. 1/2 cup): 135
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Crispy Oven Roasted Chickpeas
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baking sheet with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place the rinsed chickpeas on a kitchen towel, or paper towel, and dry them thoroughly. In a medium bowl, add chickpeas, olive oil and salt. Toss the chickpeas until they are coated. Transfer the chickpeas in a single layer to prepeared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, shaking the baking pan halfway through cooking time to shuffle the chickpeas around. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow chickpeas to cool, about 1 hour. They will become crispier as they cool.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!