Chocolate peanut butter nice cream is a great vegan sweet treat. Delicious sweetness without any guilt.
Now that we’ve reached the end of May and the summer heat is in full force, there has been no lack of cold treats around. Nice cream is one of my favorite go to treats because it’s healthy and satisfying. The base is made with bananas and the peanut butter and cocoa add to the yumminess.
What is nice cream?
Ripe, frozen bananas are the main ingredient of nice cream. Once the bananas are blended it has the consistency of soft serve. From there it can be flavored any way you like.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ice cream machine is not needed
- A guiltless way to indulge in a sweet treat
- Lower in calories than ice cream
- Made with natural ingredients and no sugar
- Ready to eat immediately
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Frozen ripe bananas – Ripe bananas add to the sweetness of this sweet treat
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa powder
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
How to make this recipe
This is one of the easiest and fastest treats to put together.
1 – Place the bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder and almond milk in the blender. You will want to use ripe bananas for this recipe.
2 – Blend for about one minute, until bananas have a smooth consistency smooth and everything is blended together well.
Serve right away because nice cream melts fast. If you prefer a thicker consistency, place the nice cream in the freezer for about an hour for it to thicken up a bit.
How do I store my leftover nice cream?
If there are leftovers or you plan to eat later, place nice cream in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer. If stored properly, nice cream will last up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer a few minutes before eating so it can soften a bit.
Calories per serving (approximately 1/2 cup): 125
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- 4 medium ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 3 tbsp peanut butter Creamy or crunchy
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Place frozen bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder and almond milk in blender.
- Blend until all the ingredients are blended into a smooth consistency, about 1 minute.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- I highly recommend using ripe bananas for this recipe. It will give a sweeter taste to the nice cream.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!