Vegan Mango Ice Cream Lower-Calorie
My family is on a huge ice cream kick right now. It’s been a miserably hot summer here in Arizona. The temperatures have been on average anywhere from 105-115 degrees every day for several months. Sometimes, no matter how much water I drink, it’s so hard to cool down. For that reason, we love to have ice cream to cool down.
This vegan mango ice cream is so easy to make. If you love mangoes this is the perfect sweet treat. It’s made with canned coconut milk and is completely dairy free. There are only 4 ingredients that go into making this ice cream. The canned coconut milk, frozen mangoes, and a little vanilla extract. Then I add a little granulated sugar to give the ice cream a little more sweetness.
I make this ice cream in my ice cream maker, but you don’t have to if you don’t have an ice cream maker. Since the mangoes are frozen the mixture is already really cold so you could put it in a Ziploc bag and carefully knead the mixture, then place in the freezer for a couple hours. We like using the ice cream maker so we will pop it in for about 10 to 15 minutes and it freezes pretty quickly.
You can use frozen peaches, or another frozen fruit in place of the mangoes if you’re not a fan of mangoes.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (1/2 cup): 148
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Vegan Mango Ice Cream
- 10 oz frozen mango chunks
- 13.5 oz canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place can of coconut milk, vanilla, mango chunks, and sugar in a blender or food processor and blend until mangoes are broken up into small chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker for 10-15 minutes, or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Enjoy immediately. If not serving immediately, store in freezer and take out 15 minutes to soften a bit before serving.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!