This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Sugar-free chocolate sorbet is a great way to make a healthier snack or dessert this summer. No sugar added and perfect for dark chocolate lovers.
Where are my chocolate lovers at? I’ve been on an ice cream and sorbet making kick lately. I love both, but I try to make sorbet more often because it’s a bit healthier than ice cream.
There’s no dairy or sugar in this sugar-free chocolate sorbet, and lower in calories than chocolate ice cream.
The base of this chocolate sorbet comes together quickly. Traditional sorbets can be loaded with sugar, but this one is made to be healthier with the use of monk fruit sweetener.
If you’ve never worked with it, it can be found in the baking isle by the sugar. Or in the health food section of your grocery store. It works and acts just like white granulated sugar, but without the calories and carbs.
How is cocoa powder made?
Cocoa powder is made by crushing cocoa beans and removing the fat or cocoa butter.
What are the benefits of eating cocoa powder?
Cocoa is rich in polyphenols, which have significant health benefits, including reduced inflammation and improved cholesterol levels.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Great way to enjoy chocolate
- Satisfies your sweet tooth
- Guiltless sweet treat
- Made with a refined sugar substitute
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Frozen raspberries
- Monk fruit sweetener
How to make this recipe
Start by preparing a simple syrup with the water and sweetener.
1 – Place the water, salt and the sweetener in a medium size saucepan set over medium-low heat. Cook mixture until the sweetener is fully dissolved.
2 – Gradually add the cocoa powder to the simple syrup, whisking it constantly until smooth. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
3 – Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
4 – Once the mixture is chilled, pour it into the ice cream maker and let it churn for approximately 20 minutes until the sorbet has thickened.
5 – If a firmer consistency is required, transfer the sorbet into an airtight container and freeze it for a couple hours. Remove the container from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
How do I store my sorbet?
Store sorbet in a freezer safe, airtight container. Stored properly, it will last for about 1 month the freezer. When you’re ready to eat it again, remove from freezer for a few minutes so it can soften a little first.
Calories per serving (approximately 1/2 cup): 121
- 3 cups water
- 1 2/3 cups monk fruit sweetener
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cups cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Start by preparing a simple syrup with the water and sweetener. Place the water, salt and sweetener in a medium size saucepan set over medium-low heat. Cook mixture until sweetener is fully dissolved.
- Gradually add the cocoa powder to the simple syrup, whisking it constantly until smooth. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
- Once the mixture is chilled, pour into the ice cream maker and let churn for approximately 20 minutes until the sorbet has thickened.
- If a firmer consistency is required, transfer the sorbet into an airtight container and freeze for a couple hours. Remove the container from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- I use the Lakanto brand for the monk fruit sweetener
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt ICE-21P1 Ice Cream Maker, Qt, White
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 5gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!