Dark chocolate dipped banana peanut butter bites are a perfect snack to keep on hand in your freezer. Only 150 calories for 2 banana bites.
I love having snacks on hand that are not only healthy, but easy to make too. Snacks are one of those things I find myself buying more than making, especially with so many easy snack options available to buy. Lately, I have been focusing more time on making snacks.
One way to reduce the calories in this snack is to use peanut butter powder, rather than peanut butter from a jar. The peanut butter powder has only 70 calories in 2 TBSP, and is made into peanut butter by adding water. The peanut butter flavor is amazing. I also use peanut butter powder in my cookie recipe and my shake recipe.
Are bananas healthy?
Bananas are rich in fiber, potassium, antioxidants and several nutrients. One serving of banana contains 110 calories, 30 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of protein. Bananas are naturally free of fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Great snack to have on hand in the freezer
- Made with peanut butter powder for less calories
- Kid friendly
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Peanut butter powder
- Dark chocolate chips
How to make this recipe
To make these bites, you’ll need two medium sized bananas that are ripe, but not overly ripe. Some brown spotting on the peels is okay.
1 – Peel the bananas and slice into 1/2″ thick rounds. Set them aside.
2 – Mix the peanut butter powder with water. Mix it well until it has a peanut butter consistency.
3 – Spread the peanut butter on one banana round, then top with another to form a sandwich. Repeat until peanut butter and bananas are gone.
4 – Once that is done, place the banana bites onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and freeze until solid, about an hour.
5 – Melt dark chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl, about 45 seconds. Stir it until it’s smooth.
6 – Dip half of a frozen banana bite into the warm melted dark chocolate and set back on parchment paper. Repeat until all the bites are covered.
7 – Let the bites rest until the chocolate is set. You can enjoy immediately, or store in freezer until ready to eat.
How do I store banana bites?
Place the banana bites into a freezer-safe bag or container. The frozen banana bites can last up to 4 months in the freezer as long as they are stored properly to not get freezer burn.
Calories per serving (2 bites): 150
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Banana Peanut Butter Bites
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Slice peeled bananas into 1/2" thick rounds.
- Mix the peanut butter powder with water. Mix well until peanut butter consistency.
- Spread peanut butter on one banana round, then top with another to form a sandwich. Repeat until peanut butter and bananas are gone.
- Place banana bites onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and freeze until solid, about an hour.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl, about 45 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Dip half of the frozen banana bite into the warm melted dark chocolate and set back on parchment paper. Repeat until all bites are covered.
- Let the bites rest until chocolate is set. You can enjoy immediately, or store in freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.