This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This easy recipe for air fryer bacon and egg cups makes a great, bite-sized breakfast that’s keto and low-carb! Delicious bacon and fried egg, cooked in the air fryer and topped with fresh scallions -a healthy, grab-and-go breakfast everyone enjoys.
The air fryer is still one of my most used appliances. It’s convenient, especially for getting a hot breakfast on the table quickly. These bacon and egg cups take just 10 minutes and are made with super simple ingredients you can find anywhere.
If your mornings are rushed, whether for work, school, or just from being a busy family, these low-carb air fryer bacon and egg cups are a must-try breakfast! All you’ll need is bacon, eggs, and scallions that are poured into a bacon-lined muffin wrapper. Then set your air fryer to cook and you’ll have a delicious breakfast in no time!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s quick and a great 2-in-breakfast -bacon and eggs all in one bite.
- Bacon and eggs are inherently low-carb and high protein, so these breakfast cups will keep you feeling full longer while still being super satisfying.
- It’s kid-friendly. These are great for your low-carb or keto lifestyle and kids love them too.
- Unlike making a traditional breakfast over the stove, air fryer cooking is much less mess.
- You can eat them hot or cold making them super versatile for on the go healthy eating.
- Add in your favorite seasonings or vegetables to customize the flavors.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Bacon – Thinner cut bacon is great for crisping up quickly in the air fryer.
- Eggs – Any type of egg will due (brown, white, organic, etc). Just make sure they’re large and fresh!
- Scallions – Will add fresh mild, onion flavor to the cups.
- Salt & Pepper – Enhances and balances out all the flavors in the egg cups.
How To Make Air Fried Bacon & Egg Cups
Before getting started, you’ll need either paper cupcake wrappers or silicone molds. I use paper for convenience, but the silicone will hold up a little better especially when working with raw eggs. Let’s get started.
1 – Slice the bacon strips in half. Line each wrapper with a half slice of bacon.
2 – Set the bacon-lined wrappers inside the air fryer basket. Then, carefully crack an egg inside each wrapper, using the bacon as support for the runny egg.
3 – Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
4 – Gently close the air fryer basket, careful not to topple over any of the cups. Cook at 330 degrees for 10 minutes. The time will vary depending on how you like your eggs. If you like your eggs over-medium, start with 8 minutes. At 10 minutes, egg yolks will be over-well.
5 – When they are cooked to your liking, remove the baked egg cups carefully. They will be very hot. Sprinkle with green onion or any toppings you like.
- Be sure to place the bacon-lined wrappers in the air fryer before cracking in the egg. It’s pretty tricky to move the wrapper once there’s a cracked egg in it without spilling.
- If you prefer crispier bacon, pre-cook the bacon to medium-rare (so it’s warmed through but still floppy) before lining it around the wrappers.
- Eggs yolk go from runny to solid quickly so you’ll want to watch the eggs carefully. Different brands of air fryers heat up and circulate hot air in all sorts of different ways, so keep an eye on your food, so it doesn’t burn.
- The cups are going to be VERY hot when they first come out of the air fryer. Let them cool slightly which will help them release from the muffin liner easily.
- In place of bacon, you could use strips of ham, turkey bacon, or Canadian bacon.
- Add cheese! Add your favorite shredded cheese to the bottom of each up cup before cracking the egg.
- Use your favorite seasoning blends. Everything bagel seasoning goes great with bacon and eggs.
- Dice up some cooked peppers, onions, and mushrooms and add to the muffin tin before cooking for more vegetables and nutrient density.
Storing & Freezing
- Storing: I recommend eating the baked egg cups fresh, however, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container for 3-4 days and reheat later using the microwave or the air fryer.
- Freezing: Because of the texture of the egg, freezing is not recommended.
Can you fry an egg in an air fryer? Yes. It’s tricky without some way to support the raw egg, but that’s what the wrapper and bacon are doing in this recipe.
Can I scramble the eggs in the cups? If you prefer scrambled eggs, simply whisk the eggs in a bowl and then pour them into each cup before cooking (the eggs become frittata-like).
Can I use ham instead of bacon? Sure! Turkey bacon and strips of Canadian bacon also work great in this recipe.
How do I get the bacon crispy? Pre-cook the bacon strips to medium-rare (so they’re warmed through but still floppy) before lining the cupcake molds.
Calories per serving (1 egg cup): 115
- 3 slices bacon, sliced in half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 bunch green onions, optional
- Salt and pepper, optional
1. Slice the bacon strips in half. Line each wrapper with a half slice of bacon.
2. Set the bacon-lined wrappers inside the air fryer basket. Then, carefully crack an egg inside each wrapper, using the bacon as support for the runny egg.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Gently close the air fryer basket, careful not to topple over any of the cups. Cook at 330° for 10 minutes. The time will vary depending on how you like your eggs. If you like your eggs over-medium, start with 8 minutes. At 10 minutes, egg yolks will be over-well.
5. When they are cooked to your liking, remove the baked egg cups carefully. They will be very hot. Sprinkle with green onion or any toppings you like.
Different air fryer brands may cook at different rates, so be sure to keep on eye on food.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block 17 Piece Set Kitchen Knives Set Chef Knife Set with Knife Sharpener, 6 Steak Knives with Bonus Peeler Scissors Cheese Pizza Knife and Acrylic Stand by Home Hero
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
AmazonBasics Reusable Silicone Baking Cups, Pack of 24, 5.5 x 2.8 x 3.4, Multicolor
Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 Quart
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
More Recipes You’ll Love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!