This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Healthy honey bran muffins are deliciously wholesome with a great texture. Perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
These healthy bran muffins are a new and delicious way to enjoy breakfast. They’re made with raisin bran cereal and sweetened with brown sugar and honey. Enjoy these muffins your morning cup of coffee or juice!
They make about 18 muffins, so you will have plenty for the week!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A healthy and delicious muffin to enjoy for breakfast
- Makes enough muffins for several days and is perfect for meal prep
- Sweetened with honey and brown sugar
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Raisin Bran cereal
- Boiling water
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Large egg
How To Make Healthy Honey Bran Muffins
1 – Preheat oven to 375°. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
2 – Combine the cereal and boiling water in a large bowl and mix well. Let stand until cool.
3 – Mix the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
4 – Beat the brown sugar, applesauce and egg in a mixing bowl until creamy.
5 – Add the dry ingredients, cereal mixture and buttermilk and mix well.
6 – Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
7 – Drizzle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
8 – Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin.
How do I store my bran muffins?
Place cooled muffins in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze bran muffins?
Yes! Place cooled muffins in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (1 muffin): 85
- 1 1/2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the cereal and boiling water in a large bowl and mix well. Let stand until cool.
3. Mix the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
4. Beat the brown sugar, applesauce and egg in a mixing bowl until creamy.
5. Add the dry ingredients, cereal mixture and buttermilk and mix well.
6. Fill muffin cups with about 3/4 full.
7. Drizzle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffin.
Add chopped nuts to the batter for more texture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
OXO Good Grips Utensil Set, 3-Piece,Brown
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.