This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These air fryer bagels are easy and delicious and made in less than 30 minutes. Only a few ingredients and perfect for a quick breakfast or a snack.
I’m constantly in awe of all the amazing foods the air fryer can cook. It works as more than just a deep fryer substitute. The air fryer is also able to cook dough into perfect little bagels.
These air fryer bagels are quick and easy too because they are made using only a few ingredients. They can be left plain, or topped with your favorite topping.
I used sesame seeds and everything but the bagel seasoning.
What are popular seasonings for bagels?
Bagel seasonings are as versatile as the toppings that go on them. Popular ways to season bagels are with sesame seeds, cheddar, garlic, onion, asiago, poppy seeds, and the ever popular everything but the bagel seasoning.
What are popular flavors for bagels?
There are more ways to enjoy bagels than plain. Using flavored Greek yogurts can add different fruity flavors to your bagels. You can also add in small bits of fruit like blueberries, or even chocolate chips.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Self rising flour
- Greek yogurt
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Versatile flavors
- Only a few ingredients
- Made easily in the air fryer
How to make this recipe
1 – Add the flour, salt and Greek yogurt in a medium sized bowl. With a fork, stir until a crumbly dough form.
2 – Softly knead the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until the dough is no longer sticky, but slightly tacky to the touch.
3 – Divide dough in half and roll each piece out into 1” thick ropes. Then, join the ends together to form a bagel.
4 – Add the whites of an egg into a bowl and whisk. Then, brush the formed bagels with the egg whites.
If you want to add toppings, this is the time. My favorite are sesame seeds, but everything but the bagel seasoning is a close second!
5 – Lightly spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray. Be sure to take the basket out when spraying as you should never spray directly into the air fryer.
6 – Add the bagels to the air fryer, leaving a little space between them. Cook for 15 minutes at 280 degrees.
7 – Carefully remove the bagels from the basket and place on a rack to cool for about 15 minutes.
How do I store my homemade bagels?
Place the bagels in a paper bag on the counter. Bagels only stay fresh at room temperature for about 2 days.
Can I freeze my homemade bagels?
Yes. If making large batches this is recommended so the bagels don’t dry out and harden before being eaten. Place bagel in a freezer safe resealable zip top bag and store in the freezer for about 3 months.
A tip is to slice the bagels in half before freezing, so you can pop them right into the toaster after taking them out of the freezer.
Calories per serving (1 bagel): 160
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 5.3 oz plain Greek yogurt, I use the personal size Chobani containers
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Stir in yogurt using a fork until a rough, crumbly dough forms.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead until dough is no longer sticky, but slightly tacky to the touch. Divide dough in half.
- Roll out each piece into 1"-thick ropes, joining the ends together to form a bagel. Brush all over with the beaten egg whites. Add any seasonings you would like at this point.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Take basket out to spray, do not spray directly into air fryer. Place bagels in basket leaving a little space between them.
- Cook bagels at 280° for 15 minutes. Remove bagels from basket and let cool on cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
- If you don't have self-rising flour, you can make your own by mixing together 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Different air fryer brands may cook at different rates, so be sure to keep on eye on food.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 733mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other air fryer recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!