No-bake chocolate chip cookie bars are the perfect treat when you want a quick dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The holiday season is the best time to treat yourself to all the delicious treats. If you’re looking for some healthier ways to satisfy your sweet tooth this season, these no-bake cookie bars are it. They are sweet, delicious, and take a short amount of time to put together. These bars are made with almond flour and a sugar substitute keeping them low-carb and gluten-free. The main star of these cookie bars is the chocolate almond butter which is low in sugar.
What is almond butter?
Almond butter is made by grinding raw or roasted almonds down into a paste.
What are the benefits of eating almonds?
Almonds are packed with vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber. Eating just 1 ounce of almonds contain 1/8 of our daily protein needs.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Healthier treat options
- Great for dessert or snack
- No baking and less mess
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Chocolate almond butter
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Confectioners sugar substitute
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Sugar-free chocolate chips
How to make this recipe
1 – Add the chocolate almond butter and the butter to a mixing bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. This will melt the butter and get the almond butter soft. Mix the softened ingredients together until they’re well combined.
2 – Add the vanilla extract, confectioners sugar, almond flour, cinnamon and sea salt to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
3 – Fold in the chocolate chips.
4 – Add a piece of parchment paper to a loaf pan, or smaller baking dish. Transfer the cookie dough to the parchment-lined pan and smooth into an even layer.
5 – Freeze for about an hour. When you’re ready to eat the cookie bars, thaw slightly and cut into bars. For smooth, even bars, use a sharp knife to cut.
How do I store my cookie bars?
Store no-bake cookie bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Can I freeze my cookie bars?
Yes! Store in a freezer safe container or in a freezer safe resealable bag for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (1 bar): 205
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond butter I use Barney Butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar-free sweetener I use Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate almond butter and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Butter should be melted and almond butter very soft. Stir until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for chocolate chips. Stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Add parchment paper to a loaf pan or small baking dish. Transfer cookie dough to parchment lined pan. Spread dough into an even layer. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 12 squares. Thaw a bit to serve, or store bars in a freezer safe resealable bag.
- Grass-fed butter, ghee, or coconut oil can be substituted for butter.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!