These moist chocolate cupcakes with chocolate whipped frosting are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Perfect for parties or family gatherings.
I’m the biggest chocolate lover around. Actually, I have the biggest sweet tooth around, with chocolate being a top favorite. These chocolate cupcakes with chocolate whipped frosting fulfill both needs. The sponge is moist and the whipped frosting is fluffy and full of chocolate flavor. These cupcakes make a great party dessert, for kids and adults alike. I’ve made these for my friends and family and they can’t tell they’re one of my low-calorie treats.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made from boxed mix, so less fuss
- Rich chocolate flavor
- Made without oil for less calories
- Moist and flavorful
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Chocolate cake mix
- Skim milk
- Fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- Sugar free fat free instant chocolate pudding
- Cream cheese
- Lite whipped topping
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake sheets with cupcake liners.
2 – In a large mixing bowl, mix the chocolate cake mix, vanilla Greek yogurt, and water together until it’s mixed together well.
3 – Scoop the cake mix into cupcake liners. This is enough batter for 24 cupcakes.
4 – Bake the cupcakes for 14 minutes.
I make the frosting while the cupcakes are cooling.
1 – In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk.
2 – In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add it into the pudding mix and blend together well.
3 – Fold in the whipped topping. Top the cupcakes with frosting and enjoy!
How do I store my homemade cupcakes?
Without frosting, the cupcakes will stay fresh at room temperature for 1-2 days in an airtight container. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator to last up to 7 days.
They should be kept in the refrigerator once the whipped topping has been added as the whipped topping should remain refrigerated.
Calories per serving (1 cupcake with frosting): 134
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Chocolate Frosting
- 15.25 oz box chocolate cake mix I used Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1 oz sugar free, fat free instant chocolate pudding
- 1 3/4 cup skim milk
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 8 oz tub lite whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cupcake liners into cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, water, and Greek yogurt. Mix for about 1 minute or until well blended. DIvide mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Check with toothpick in center to see if done. Let cool.
- In medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Mix well.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding and mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Top cupcakes with frosting. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!