This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These moist chocolate cupcakes with whipped cream frosting are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Perfect for parties or family gatherings.
These chocolate cupcakes with whipped cream frosting have a moist sponge, and the whipped frosting is fluffy and full of chocolate flavor. These cupcakes make a great party dessert, for kids and adults alike.
I’ve made these for my friends and family and they can’t tell they’re one of my low-calorie treats.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made from boxed mix, so less fuss
- Rich chocolate flavor
- Made without oil for less calories
- Moist and flavorful
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Chocolate cake mix
- Skim milk
- Fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- Sugar-free fat free instant chocolate pudding
- Cream cheese
- Lite whipped topping
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake sheets with cupcake liners.
2 – In a large mixing bowl, mix the chocolate cake mix, vanilla Greek yogurt, and water together until it’s mixed together well.
3 – Scoop the cake mix into cupcake liners. This is enough batter for 24 cupcakes.
4 – Bake the cupcakes for 14 minutes.
I make the frosting while the cupcakes are cooling.
1 – In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk.
2 – In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add it into the pudding mix and blend together well.
3 – Fold in the whipped topping. Top the cupcakes with frosting and enjoy!
How do I store my homemade cupcakes?
Without frosting, the cupcakes will stay fresh at room temperature for 1-2 days in an airtight container. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator to last up to 7 days.
They should be kept in the refrigerator once the whipped topping has been added as the whipped topping should remain refrigerated.
Calories per serving (1 cupcake with frosting): 134
- 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix, I used Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce box sugar free, fat free instant chocolate pudding
- 1 3/4 cup skim milk
- 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 8 ounce tub lite whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cupcake liners into cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, water, and Greek yogurt. Mix for about 1 minute or until well blended. DIvide mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Check with toothpick in center to see if done. Let cool.
- In medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Mix well.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding and mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Top cupcakes with frosting. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Spatula 3-piece Set, Ergonomic Handle High Heat-Resistant Spatulas, Non-stick Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core, Black
OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup,Clear,2 Cup
SHARDOR Hand Mixer 350W Power Advantage Electric Handheld Mixers with 5 Stainless Steel Attachments(2 Beaters, 2 Dough Hooks and 1 Whisk), Storage Case, Silver
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!