This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Making this chocolate banana milkshake is so easy and delicious, you’ll want to drink it all right away. Made with a handful of healthy ingredients, this shake will make you feel like you’re indulging in a rich and thick milkshake. It’s perfect for a year round breakfast or snack.
This chocolate banana milkshake is perfect for the whole family! It’s made with simple, plant based ingredients and has a great sweet taste without being loaded with sugar. This shake is naturally sweetened with dates and made with chocolate almond milk for a delicious chocolate taste.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This chocolate banana milkshake is sweetened without any added sugar.
- Easy, delicious and healthy milkshake that takes five minutes or less to make.
- Perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free too.
- Full of nourishing, whole food ingredients.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chocolate Almond Milk – This is what gives this chocolate banana milkshake it’s chocolatey flavor!
- Pitted Dates – The dates sweeten the milkshake without any added sugar.
- Frozen Bananas – I like to use frozen ripe bananas to keep the shake nice and cold.
- Almond Butter – You can also substitute peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter or your favorite nut butter.
- Ice – This really helps to thicken up the shake to give it that thick milkshake texture.
How To Make This Recipe
Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend at high speed until the shake is smooth and creamy.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Add a little cocoa powder to give the milkshake more chocolate flavor!
- A small amount of spice, like ground cinnamon, will add a hint of warming sweetness and elevate the chocolate flavor.
- You can also add a pinch of instant coffee or espresso powder to heighten the chocolate flavor.
- Throw in a pinch of chia seeds for added health benefits.
- I love the flavor that almond butter gives to this milkshake recipe, but feel free to swap it for cashew or peanut butter.
Storing: This milkshake is best served immediately. However, you can store in the refrigerator for a few hours. It may start to separate the longer it’s been in the refrigerator.
Pour it into popsicle molds and freeze. Then you have creamy chocolatey popsicles for later!
I would! The frozen bananas will help freeze the milkshake, but if you like it very cold with a frothy texture then you’ll want to add the ice too.
Technically, yes you can, but the texture won’t be as creamy as it would be with frozen bananas.
The bananas do add a lot of sweetness so you can leave them out. If you are looking for your milkshake to be on the sweeter side, a little honey would work well as a replacement.
Absolutely! Adding plain or vanilla Greek yogurt makes this milkshake even more creamy.
- 16 ounces chocolate almond milk
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, about 5 or 6 dates
- 2 medium frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend at high speed until the shake is smooth and creamy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 6gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.