This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot minestrone soup is a great vegetable soup to warm you up and get in a variety of vegetables with great flavor. Perfect for a family dinner or when you’re feeling under the weather.
Vegetable soups are not only hearty, they’re so versatile. I love making vegetable soups because I can load them up with whatever vegetables I have on hand. In my opinion, whatever goes!
For this vegetable soup, I loaded my Instant Pot with fresh green beans, zucchini, cabbage, carrots, celery, onion and spinach. I also added some small shell pasta to bulk up the soup even more.
This soup came together lightening fast in the Instant Pot, and the vegetables were nice and soft like they had been simmering for hours.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Excellent way to use fresh vegetables
- Made fast in the Instant Pot
- Hearty, healthy soup
- Great family meal
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Fresh green beans
- Peeled tomatoes
- Ground pepper
- Chicken broth
- Small shell pasta
How to make this recipe
1 – Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Turn on to sauté mode. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
2 – Add carrots, celery, cabbage, zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper, chicken broth and pasta to the Instant Pot. Stir to mix everything together.
3 – Lock the lid on the Instant Pot and point valve to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once it’s done cooking, let the steam naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining steam.
4 – Stir in the spinach. Add any additional salt and pepper to your preference.
How do I store my leftover vegetable soup?
Place the cooled soup in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze my leftover vegetable soup?
Place cooled soup in freezer safe bags, lay flat to freeze. Stored properly, the soup will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Calories per serving (approximately 2 cups): 146
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup fresh cut green beans
- 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Turn on to sauté mode. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add carrots, celery, cabbage, zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper, chicken broth and pasta to the Instant Pot. Stir to mix everything together.
- Lock the lid on the Instant Pot and point valve to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once it's done cooking, let the steam naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining steam.
- Stir in the spinach. Add any additional salt and pepper to your preference. Enjoy!
- The Instant Pot needs to come to pressure before the cooking time starts, similar to an oven that needs to preheat. The cooking time doesn't actually start until pressure builds, which can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on how full the pot is and how much liquid there is inside. Once it reaches pressure the Instant Pot will beep, and the cook time will begin to count down. Please, make sure to consider that extra time when planning your meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1271mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!