Peachy Overnight Oats – Lower-Calorie
These peachy overnight oats make a great breakfast meal prep option. They give the perfect amount of sweetness and are a great option to grab on the go.
These overnight oats make a great breakfast. Overnight oats have been popular for a while now and with good reason. They are easy to make the night before and keep in the refrigerator overnight for breakfast the next morning. You can also make several jars of overnight oats to have for the week since they are good in the fridge for at least 5 days.
Not only are overnight oats a great low-calorie meal option, they are also simple to make. Overnight oats consist of equal parts raw oats and milk. Also adding yogurt gives the oats a creamy pudding-like consistency. A rule of thumb is you will want double the amount of liquid as oats, and yogurt counts as liquid as well as the milk. The oats absorb in the liquid overnight so you don’t have to cook them before putting the overnight oats together. I like to eat them straight from the jar cold, but you can also heat them up before you eat them if you prefer them to be warm.
My preference is to use almond milk, but any nut milk will work. I also like to use Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain works. I put peaches and brown sugar on my overnight oats to mimic a peach cobbler taste. However, there are an endless variety of toppings that you can use on your overnight oatmeal. There is no limit so feel free to put anything you like on them. If you like a certain flavor in traditional oatmeal, then it will work great for overnight oats.
If you make overnight oats regularly, what are some of your favorite toppings? For this peachy overnight oats recipe I chose to reduce the amount of liquid a little, and I think the oats turned out great. However, if you want yours to have more liquid, feel free to add another quarter cup of Greek yogurt.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Peachy Overnight Oats
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Brown sugar
Calories per serving (1 jar): 369
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Peachy Overnight Oats - Lower-Calorie
- 1/2 cup oats (not quick oats)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 1 small peach, cut into slices
- Place oats, chia seeds, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and half brown sugar in a bowl. Mix together well.
- Add oatmeal mix into mason jar, or any container you'd like. Screw lid onto mason jar, or tightly cover other container. Place in fridge overnight.
- Remove jar of oatmeal from fridge and remove lid. Place sliced peaches on top, and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Peachy Overnight Oats, then you might also like: