This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe is a flavorful breakfast that will keep you full all morning.
If you find yourself in a breakfast rut some mornings like I do, this apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe will take you out of that rut.
This, made from scratch, apple and cinnamon oatmeal doesn’t take a lot of time, and there are no artificial ingredients here!
If you’re a fan of the packet oatmeal, give this one a try.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Rolled Oats?
Oats are a whole grain rich in carbs and fiber. They are also higher in protein than other grains. They are very high in many vitamins and minerals.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Made from scratch and not a packet.
- You can adjust the amount of cinnamon to your taste.
- Made with fresh apples.
- Filling breakfast.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Rolled Oats
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make This Recipe
In a small saucepan, whisk together the almond milk and oats and bring them to a boil.
Add in the diced apples, and reduce to simmer until the oats are soft.
Once the oats are softened, remove from heat and whisk in the maple syrup, and cinnamon.
Transfer oatmeal to a bowl and top with more apples, cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired.
What Toppings Go Well With Oatmeal?
Popular oatmeal toppings include fruit, nut butters, nuts, seeds, spices, and sweets.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced apples
- In a small saucepan, whisk together oats and almond milk. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for a 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add apples and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes to soften apples. Remove saucepan from burner, whisk in cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Transfer oatmeal to bowl and top with additional apples, cinnamon, or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 6gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.