Warm apple cinnamon oatmeal bowl is a flavorful breakfast that will keep you full all morning.
If you find yourself in a breakfast rut some mornings like I do, this oatmeal bowl will take you out of that rut. This, made from scratch, apple and cinnamon oatmeal doesn’t take a lot of time, and there are no artificial ingredients here! If you’re a fan of the packet oatmeal, give this one a try.
What are the benefits of rolled oats?
Oats are a whole grain rich in carbs and fiber. They are also higher in protein than other grains. They are very high in many vitamins and minerals.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made from scratch and not a packet
- You can adjust the amount of cinnamon to your taste
- Made with fresh apples
- Filling breakfast
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Rolled oats
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Pure maple syrup
- Granny Smith apple
- Ground cinnamon
How to make this recipe
1 – In a small saucepan, whisk together the almond milk and oats and bring them to a boil.
2 – Add in the diced apples, and reduce to simmer until the oats are soft.
3 – Once the oats are softened, remove from heat and whisk in the maple syrup, and cinnamon.
4 – Transfer oatmeal to a bowl and top with more apples, cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired.
What toppings go well with oatmeal?
Popular oatmeal toppings include fruit, nut butters, nuts, seeds, spices, and sweets.
Calories per serving (1 bowl): 254
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Warm Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bowl
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- In a small saucepan, whisk together oats and almond milk. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for a 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add apples and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes to soften apples. Remove saucepan from burner, whisk in cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Transfer oatmeal to bowl and top with additional apples, cinnamon, or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!