This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These baked teriyaki chicken thighs are baked to perfection and are covered in a flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce.
These oven baked teriyaki chicken thighs are made with a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce that is simple to make and really takes this dish to another level.
This chicken pairs well with rice or any side dish you like.
What is teriyaki sauce?
Teriyaki sauce is a thick glaze brushed onto meats that are baked, broiled or grilled. The base is made from soy sauce, along with sugar and other seasonings. This recipe uses monk fruit sweetener in place of the sugar for a lower calorie, healthier sauce.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce
- Makes a great family meal
- Pairs well with your favorite side dish
- Bakes in the oven for juicy chicken
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Cold water
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Minced garlic clove
- Ground ginger
- Ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
1- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2 – Mix together cornstarch, cold water, monk fruit sweetener, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic clove, ground ginger and black pepper in a small saucepan. Let the sauce simmer over low heat, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
3 – Lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chicken thighs to the pan and brush the chicken with the sauce. Flip chicken over and brush other side.
4 – Bake for 30 minutes. Flip chicken over, brush with sauce, and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Juices from chicken should run clear and the internal temperature of the chicken should be at 165 degrees.
If your chicken thighs are on the smaller side, check chicken temperature after 45 minutes of cooking, as they may be done sooner.
How do I store my leftover teriyaki chicken?
Place cooled chicken in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze my leftover teriyaki chicken?
Yes, place the cooled chicken in a freezer safe container or freezer bag. Stored properly, chicken will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (approximately 1 – 3 oz. chicken thigh): 103
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 36 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, approximately 12 chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cold water, monk fruit sweetener, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic clove, ground ginger and pepper. Let the sauce simmer over low heat, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken thighs to pan and brush chicken with sauce. Flip chicken over and brush other side.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip chicken over, brush with sauce again, and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Juices from chicken should run clear and the internal temperature of the chicken should be at 165 degrees.
- Chicken thighs are measured at 3 oz each, for a total of 36 oz.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees. Measure this at the thickest part of the chicken. Continue cooking until chicken reaches temperature.
- I use the Lakanto brand for the monk fruit sweetener.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush-Small, Multicolor
GreenPan Chatham Ceramic Non-Stick Covered Saucepan, 3 quart, Grey -
Habor 022 Meat Thermometer, Instant Read Thermometer Digital Cooking Thermometer, Candy Thermometer with Super Long Probe for Kitchen BBQ Grill Smoker Meat Oil Milk Yogurt Temperature
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 449mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other chicken recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!