This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Balsamic vinegar broccoli is a great, healthy side dish. Made with fresh broccoli, parmesan and seasoned with shallots and garlic.
This white balsamic vinegar broccoli is a simple and delicious side dish. It’s low in carbs and a healthy side that can be served with your favorite meal.
The white balsamic gives the broccoli a pop of flavor and the parmesan cheese adds a nice touch to top off the broccoli.
What Are The Health Benefits To Eating Broccoli?
Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin C. It is also a great source of fiber, potassium, B6 and vitamin A.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Makes a great, healthy side dish.
- Flavorful way to eat broccoli.
- Quick and easy stovetop recipe.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Broccoli Florets
- Minced Garlic
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Ground Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
How To Make This Recipe
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and cook while continuously stirring until it starts to brown in spots, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium. Push broccoli to the side of the skillet. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil, shallot, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring continuously until broccoli is soft, about 3 more minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
How Do I Store Cooked Broccoli?
Transfer broccoli to an airtight storage container and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Can I Freeze Cooked Broccoli?
Yes, spread the broccoli out on a parchment sheet lined cookie sheet. Place the tray in the freezer until the broccoli is frozen, about 2 hours. Once the broccoli is frozen, transfer to a freezer safe resealable bag. The broccoli should last up to 6 to 8 months.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cups broccoli florets (12 ounces)
- 1 small shallot, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and cook while continuously stirring until it starts to brown in spots, about 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Push broccoli to the side of the skillet. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil, shallot, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring continuously until broccoli is soft, about 3 more minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle broccoli with parmesan cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.