Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables – Low-Calorie, Low-Carb
Teriyaki chicken with vegetables dish is full of flavor and a family favorite. Even those picky palates are sure to eat their protein and veggies.
Who else loves teriyaki chicken with vegetables? This recipe is easy to make and even better, it’s full of flavor. In fact, it’s often one of my go-to meals because it can be cooked all in one pan on the stovetop and it cooks fairly quickly. Less dishes means a quicker clean up, and I can always get behind that.
This recipe is simple to make and it can also easily be tweaked to specific tastes. This meal would be great to eat on its own, but I opted to put my serving of teriyaki chicken over cauliflower rice. I love my cauliflower rice. It’s so low in calories and when I put a substantial dish over it, the cauliflower soaks the juices up. I feel like I am eating regular white rice. It’s still very filling, but for only 25 calories for a cup rather than 200 calories per cup for white rice.
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings making it a great family meal. My family loves when I make this because it’s so flavorful. They even eat the vegetables in the dish without complaints because everything combines so well together. This teriyaki chicken with vegetables dish goes fast when we have it for dinner.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Teriyaki sauce
Calories per serving (1 1/2 cups): 350
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables - Low-Calorie, Low-Carb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1" pieces
- 16 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 10 oz Teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- pepper flakes, optional
- In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil. Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 6-7 minutes. Depending on how strong your microwave is you may need less time.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce (amount varies by your preference, but I used the whole bottle) to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens. Turn heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if using. Stir to combine.
- Serve over rice, rice noodles, or cauliflower rice.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables, then you might also like: