Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables – Low-Calorie, Low-Carb
Teriyaki chicken with vegetables dish is full of flavor and a family favorite. Even those picky palates are sure to eat their protein and veggies.
Teriyaki chicken and vegetables is a delicious dinner that’s full of flavor. In fact, it’s often one of my go-to meals because it can be cooked all in one pan on the stovetop and it cooks fairly quickly. Less dishes means a quicker clean up, and I can always get behind that.
Is chicken breast healthy?
Chicken breast is an excellent source of lean protein. It’s also high in selenium, an essential mineral involved in metabolic performance. It has little saturated fat and contains B vitamins.
What veggies are good with teriyaki chicken?
Broccoli, bell peppers, thinly sliced onions, carrots, mushrooms, snow peas or even greens like spinach and cabbage.
To start, in a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil. Then, add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until the carrots are almost tender, which is about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 6-7 minutes. Depending on how strong your microwave is you may need less time.
Add the Teriyaki sauce (amount varies by your preference, but I used the whole bottle) to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Then, turn the heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if you want some spice. Stir to combine everything together.
This teriyaki chicken is a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies!
How do I store homemade teriyaki chicken?
Place in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Can I freeze homemade teriyaki chicken?
Yes, place in a freezer safe resealable bag or air tight container. Properly stored the chicken and vegetables will last up to 3 months.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Teriyaki sauce
Calories per serving (1 1/2 cups): 350
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables - Low-Calorie, Low-Carb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1" pieces
- 16 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 10 oz Teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- pepper flakes, optional
- In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil. Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 6-7 minutes. Depending on how strong your microwave is you may need less time.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce (amount varies by your preference, but I used the whole bottle) to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens. Turn heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if using. Stir to combine.
- Serve over rice, rice noodles, or cauliflower rice.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables, then you might also like: