Dragon fruit mojito mocktails are a light, refreshing drink. Simple and delicious recipe. to enjoy year round.
I’m a little obsessed with dragon fruit and I don’t use it a nearly enough at home. It feels like an underrated fruit. I started getting a dragon fruit drink from a local coffee chain (wink) many months ago and I’ve been hooked ever since. There are so many fun ways to use dragon fruit, including in beverages.
If you like to drink mojitos, this is my spin on a mojito mocktail. The traditional flavors of mint and lime are still here. Rather than using sugar, I opted to use honey as a sweetener. The addition of dragon fruit makes this drink a little more unique. A shot of rum can easily be added to this drink to make it a full-fledged mojito.
What is a dragon fruit?
The inside of dragon fruit have little black seeds that look like chia seeds, but have the consistency of sesame seeds. Dragon fruit is soft like a kiwi and easy to peel. Once cut in half, the skin peels away easily. Then the fruit can be chopped, or mashed up.
Dragon fruit is also known at pitaya. The names are interchangeable. The word pitaya isn’t used as much anymore, and dragon fruit is what these fruits are usually referred to now. The key ingredient added to these mocktails to get their beautiful pink color is pitaya powder. I got mine here from NW Bulk Market, which I highly recommend. You can buy in different quantities so you only buy what you need.
What are the benefits of dragon fruit?
Dragon fruit is a super fruit that a low-calorie fruit that is high in fiber and provides a good amount of vitamins and minerals. They are rich in vitamin C, B1, B2 and B3, and minerals such as iron, calcium, and phosphorus.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Unique way to serve a mocktail
- Great way to try pitaya powder
- Refreshing and great for a warm day
- Family friendly since it’s alcohol free
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Pitaya powder
- Dragon fruit
- Mint leaves
- Sparkling Water
How to make this recipe
1 – In a large pitcher, add the lime juice and honey and mix together.
2 – Add in the pitaya powder until it’s mixed together well with the lime juice and honey.
3 – Add in the chopped up dragon fruit and mint leaves and muddle everything together. If there’s no muddler available a potato masher works too.
4 – Add in lime sparkling water and pour evenly into two glasses of ice.
These mocktails aren’t overly sweet. If you like your drinks on the sweeter side, feel free to add more honey, and use a lemon lime soda like Sprite, to add more sweetness.
Calories per serving (1 drink): 44
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Dragon Fruit Mojito Mocktails
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp pitaya powder
- 1/4 cup dragon fruit, peeled and chopped
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 can lime sparkling water I use La Croix
- In a large pitcher, add the lime juice, and honey. Whisk together well. Add pitaya powder and mix until well blended.
- Add the dragon fruit and the mint leaves to the pitcher and muddle together. Add can of lime sparking water, like La Croix.
- Taste the mojito and adjust sweetness as necessary with more honey or lime.
- Pour the mojito mix over two glasses filled with ice. Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices.
- Sprite can be used in place of sparkling water to add more sweetness.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!