This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Creamy citrus salad dressing is the perfect dressing to give your salad or veggies a nice kick of flavor.
Can you believe it is already January? I don’t know about anyone else, but I ate one too many sweets these past few months and I’m ready to get back to eating a little better.
Now that the holiday rush is over, I’m ready to share some new dressing recipes. Making homemade dressings is so easy and often times tastes even better without all the preservatives.
Is ginger healthy?
Ginger is a flowering plant that originated from China. It is often referred to as ginger root. Ginger is one of the most healthiest spices because it is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
This creamy citrus ginger dressing is a nice change from the boring dressings, and it’s sure to give your salads and vegetables a nice kick.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ready in a matter of minutes
- Great on any salad of your choice
- Perfect dressing to give your salad a kick of flavor
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- Minced ginger
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Ground pepper
How to make this recipe
1 – In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon juice, vegetable oil, minced ginger, sugar, pepper and salt. Mix together well.
2 – Add the yogurt and orange juice and whisk together until all the ingredients are fully combined.
Transfer the dressing to a mason jar, or dressing container with a lid that seals tight. Place the dressing in the fridge to chill, and give it a good shake before using it.
How do I store my homemade dressing?
Place dressing in a mason jar with tight fitting lid, or other dressing container with a tight lid. Properly stored, dressing will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Calories per serving (2 tbsp): 48
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener, granulated sugar works too
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces orange juice, Fresh or store bought
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemon juice, vegetable oil, minced ginger, sugar, pepper and salt. Mix together well.
- Add yogurt and orange juice. Whisk together until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer dressing to a mason jar, or dressing container with a lid that seals tight, and store in refrigerator. Shake well before each use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Weck 741 - 0.25 Liter Mold Jars with Lids - 6 Rings and 12 Clamps
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!