Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing – Low-Carb, Low-Calorie, Low-Fat, GF
Creamy citrus ginger dressing is the perfect dressing to give your salad or veggies a nice kick of flavor.
Can you believe it is already January? I don’t know about anyone else, but I ate one too many sweets these past few months and I’m ready to get back to eating a little better. Now that the holiday rush is over, I’m ready to share some new dressing recipes. Making homemade dressings is so easy and often times tastes even better without all the preservatives.
Is ginger healthy?
Ginger is a flowering plant that originated from China. It is often referred to as ginger root. Ginger is one of the most healthiest spices because it is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
This creamy citrus ginger dressing is a nice change from the boring dressings, and it’s sure to give your salads and vegetables a nice kick.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- Minced ginger
- Monkfruit sweetener
- Ground pepper
How to make Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing
In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon juice, vegetable oil, minced ginger, sugar, pepper and salt. Mix together well. Then, add the yogurt and orange juice and whisk together until all the ingredients are fully combined. Transfer the dressing to a mason jar, or dressing container with a lid that seals tight.
Place the dressing in the fridge to chill, and give it a good shake before using it.
How do I store homemade dressing?
Place dressing in a mason jar with tight fitting lid, or other dressing container with a tight lid. Properly stored, dressing will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (2 tbsp): 48
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing - Low-Calorie, LC, LF, GF
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener Granulated sugar works too
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz orange juice Fresh or store bought
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemon juice, vegetable oil, minced ginger, sugar, pepper and salt. Mix together well.
- Add yogurt and orange juice. Whisk together until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer dressing to a mason jar, or dressing container with a lid that seals tight, and store in refrigerator. Shake well before each use.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing, then you might also like: