Low-calorie Doritos taco salad is flavorful and light. Simple to make and comes together quickly. A great meal for the whole family.
If you enjoy eating taco salad then you’ll enjoy this low-calorie Doritos taco salad recipe. The Doritos give a nice crunch and takes the salad to the next level. Salads can be boring, but they don’t have to be!
What are the benefits are eating lean ground beef?
Lean ground beef is rich in various vitamins and minerals and is mainly composed of protein. It also includes vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, iron, niacin, and vitamin B6.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- A great, light main meal
- Great way to get in more vegetables
- Perfect for hot days
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- 95/5 lean ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Light Catalina dressing
How to make this recipe
1 – Brown a pound of lean ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. After it’s done cooking, drain the grease.
2 – Put the cooked ground beef in a large bowl and add the packet of taco seasoning and stir until the meat is well coated. Set it aside.
3 – In a separate large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
4 – Add ground beef to that bowl. Mix all the ingredients together.
5 – When you’re ready to serve, add the crushed Doritos and the dressing and toss to coat.
What are good taco salad toppings?
Sour cream, guacamole, avocados and salsa make great toppings for taco salad.
How do I store taco salad?
Place salad in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories per serving (1 cup): 115
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Low-Calorie Doritos Taco Salad
- 1 lb 95/5 lean ground beef
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz nacho cheese Doritos, broken up into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup light Catalina dressing I used Kraft Lite Catalina
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain and add to large bowl. Add the packet of taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Add ground beef and stir ingredients together.
- When ready to serve, add the Doritos and dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.