Thai inspired lettuce wraps are a perfect appetizer or meal. They are low in calories and carbs while being high in flavor.
Have you ever eaten lettuce wraps when eating out and wondered how to make them at home? Making lettuce wraps at home is a cinch and they are very flavorful like they are when eating out. The base of these lettuce wraps is ground chicken, making them high in protein. If you enjoy the flavors used in Thai cooking you won’t be disappointed.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- White onion
- Ground chicken
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Water chestnuts
- Red bell pepper
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Romaine lettuce cups
How to make Thai Inspired Lettuce Wraps
Start by heating the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the garlic and diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, until the onions become translucent. Push to the side of the skillet and add the ground chicken. Break up the chicken into small pieces and cook though until the chicken is no longer pink. Then, drain the grease from the pan.
Reduce the heat to medium and the mushrooms, water chestnuts and red bell pepper to the pan. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha and stir all the ingredients together. Cook for another 5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
Spoon mixture into romaine lettuce cups and enjoy!
What to top homemade lettuce wraps with?
Lettuce rap topping ideas include sesame seeds, green onion, and if you like spice, hot sauce.
How do I store homemade lettuce wraps?
Keep the lettuce cups and the meat mixture in separate air tight containers. They will last in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat the meat mixture in the microwave or on the stove.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (1 wrap): 193
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Thai Inspired Lettuce Wraps - Low-Carb, Low-Calorie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms, finely diced
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce Or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 6 Romaine lettuce cups
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Push to the side of the skillet.
- Add ground chicken. Break chicken up with a wooden spoon, and cook through until no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, bell pepper, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes, until vegetables soften.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce cups and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Thai Inspired Lettuce Wraps, then you might also like: