Ground chicken Thai lettuce wraps are a perfect appetizer or meal. They are low in calories and carbs while being high in flavor.
Have you ever eaten lettuce wraps when eating out and wondered how to make them at home? Making lettuce wraps at home is a cinch and they are very flavorful like they are when eating out.
These ground chicken Thai lettuce wraps are high in protein. If you enjoy the flavors used in Thai cooking you won’t be disappointed.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Light, and perfect for hot days.
- Low-carb and gluten-free.
- Perfect way to sneak in veggies.
- Flavorful sauce.
What you'll need to make this recipe.
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- White Onion
- Ground Chicken
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Water Chestnuts
- Red Bell Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Ground Ginger
- Salt and Pepper
- Romaine Lettuce Cups
How To Make This Recipe
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the garlic and diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, until the onions become translucent.
Push to the side of the skillet and add the ground chicken. Break up the chicken into small pieces and cook though until the chicken is no longer pink.
Drain the grease from the pan.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and red bell pepper to the pan.
Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha and stir all the ingredients together. Cook for another 5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
Spoon mixture into romaine lettuce cups and enjoy!
What Can I Top Homemade Lettuce Wraps With?
Lettuce rap topping ideas include sesame seeds, green onion, and if you like spice, hot sauce.
How Do I Store Homemade Lettuce Wraps?
Keep the lettuce cups and the meat mixture in separate airtight containers. They will last in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat the meat mixture in the microwave or on the stove.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 ½ cups baby bella mushrooms, finely diced
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 6 Romaine lettuce cups
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Push to the side of the skillet.
- Add ground chicken. Break chicken up with a wooden spoon, and cook through until no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, bell pepper, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes, until vegetables soften.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce cups and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block 17 Piece Set Kitchen Knives Set Chef Knife Set with Knife Sharpener, 6 Steak Knives with Bonus Peeler Scissors Cheese Pizza Knife and Acrylic Stand by Home Hero
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
OXO Good Grips Utensil Set, 3-Piece,Brown
GreenPan Lima 12" Ceramic Non-Stick Covered Frypan, Gray - CW0004157
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.