Homemade Italian herb dressing takes dressing to another level with a flavorful kick of herbs and spices.
Italian dressing goes well with so many vegetables, and it keeps salads light, while still being flavorful. If you’ve never made homemade salad dressings before, it’s simpler than you think. The base of Italian dressing is balsamic vinegar and olive oil. There are no added sugars, and all the ingredients blend so well together.
What are the most common Italian herbs?
The most common Italian herbs are oregano, parsley, bay leaves, basil, sage, rosemary and thyme.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ready in a matter of minutes
- Great on your favorite
- Perfect low-calorie dressing
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Ground pepper
- Dried thyme
How to make this recipe
1 – Mix the salt and pepper, dried oregano, basil, and thyme together in a large mixing bowl.
2 – Add in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Whisk together until all the ingredients are combined well together.
Add the dressing to a dressing container or mason jar with lid sealed tight. Place in the fridge to chill and shake well before use.
How do I store my homemade dressing?
Place dressing in a mason jar with tight fitting lid, or other dressing container with a tight lid. Properly stored, dressing will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Calories per serving (2 tbsp): 77
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Low-Calorie Italian Herb Dressing
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 oz balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add oregano, basil, thyme, pepper and salt. Mix together well.
- Add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Whisk together until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer dressing to a mason jar, or dressing container with a lid that seals tight, and store in refrigerator. Shake well before each use.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!