Homemade French vinaigrette dressing gives your vegetables the perfect tang. Pairs great with most green salads.
I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. We are well into January now, and back on track from the busy holiday season. I’ve been really enjoying salads lately, and always looking for ways to change them up. One way I like to eat salads is by using different dressings, so I don’t get too tired of eating them the same way. I’ve been making this French vinaigrette a lot because it’s a nice to change to the dressing I normally use.
What is French Vinaigrette Dressing?
French dressings are made with an oil and vinegar base. Common combinations include, dijon mustard, salt, minced shallots, and garlic.
This is a pretty simply simple dressing to put together. It uses several fresh ingredients too, which makes it taste fresher than store bought dressing.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Minced garlic
- Ground pepper
How to make French Vinaigrette Dressing
To start, add the finely diced parsley and minced garlic to a large mixing bowl. Along with the sugar, salt and pepper and Dijon mustard and mix together well. Next, add the olive oil and rice wine vinegar and mix together thoroughly.
Once everything is mixed together, transfer the dressing to a glass mason jar, or air tight container. Place to dressing in the refrigerator to chill, and shake well before using.
How do I store homemade dressing?
Place dressing in a mason jar with tight fitting lid, or other dressing container with a tight lid. Properly stored, dressing will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (2 tbsp): 8
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
French Vinaigrette Dressing - Low-Calorie, LC, LF, GF
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh parsely, diced
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener Granulated sugar works too
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz olive oil
- 4 oz rice wine vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, add mustard, parsley, garlic, sweetener, pepper and salt. Mix together well.
- Add olive oil and vinegar. Whisk together until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer dressing to a mason jar, or dressing container with a lid that seals tight, and store in refrigerator. Shake well before each use.
- The herbs will naturally float to the top, so shake dressing well before each use
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like French Vinaigrette Dressing, then you might also like: