This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Skinny funfetti poke cake is a lightened up version of a delicious classic. Light and fluffy, and perfect for the summertime.
The gelatin in this skinny Funfetti poke cake is so delicious you will want to keep eating it over and over.
It all starts with a box of Funfetti cake mix, but rather than adding the oil and eggs that the box recipe calls for, I substitute them for a cup of vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt instead.
What is a poke cake?
True to its name, a poke cake is a cake that you poke holes in after baking. The holes are then filled with a liquid or filling, such as liquid gelatin, condensed milk, pudding or a purée.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made from boxed mixes, so less fuss
- Fun way to use gelatin
- Made without oil for less calories
- Moist and flavorful
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Funfetti cake mix
- Fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- Sugar free gelatin
- Sugar free whipped topping
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2 – In a large bowl, add the the cake mix, Greek yogurt and water.
3 – Mix until well blended, then pour cake mixture into the prepared baking pan.
4 – Bake for about 25 minutes.
5 – Once the cake has cooled, use that back of a wooden spoon, or a fork, and poke holes throughout the cake.
6 – In a small bowl, prepare the gelatin. Stir the gelatin and boiling water until the gelatin has dissolved, then stir in the cold water.
7 – Pour the gelatin all over the entire cake, filling the holes.
8 – Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
9 – Once cake is done chilling, defrost the tub of whipped topping and spread over the top of the cake as frosting.
How do I store my poke cake?
Poke cakes need to be refrigerated whether they are filled or covered in gelatin, pudding, or something else. Store your poke cake, in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Can I freeze a poke cake?
Yes! However, I would suggest freezing before adding the gelatin and whipped topping. Once you’re ready to remove from freezer it will take about 2-3 hours to thaw.
Calories per serving (1 slice): 202
- 15.25 oz box Funfetti cake mix
- 1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 0.6 oz box sugar-free gelatin, I used strawberry
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 oz tub sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, water, and Greek yogurt. Mix for about 1 minute or until well blended. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Check with toothpick in center to see if done. Let cool.
- Once cake is cooled, pierced cake all over. Use a fork, or back of wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, stir in gelatin and boiling water until smooth. Once gelatin is dissolved, stir in cold water.
- Pour over cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight). Frost with thawed whipped topping.
- Enjoy! Store covered in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Spatula 3-piece Set, Ergonomic Handle High Heat-Resistant Spatulas, Non-stick Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core, Black
SHARDOR Hand Mixer 350W Power Advantage Electric Handheld Mixers with 5 Stainless Steel Attachments(2 Beaters, 2 Dough Hooks and 1 Whisk), Storage Case, Silver
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup,Clear,2 Cup
OXO Good Grips Freezer-to-Oven Safe 3 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid, 9 x 13,Clear,9 x 13"
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!