This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies are perfect for the Fall season. Simple and delicious recipe.
September is in full swing and everything pumpkin has officially made its appearance. From lattes to cereal, and from salsa to chips. I’ve seen it all, including pasta! I’ve learned if a recipe can be made with pumpkin spice flavor it’s probably been done.
One of my favorite ways to treat myself to pumpkin spice is making these pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies. They are super addictive and everyone I’ve given them to has loved them.
Since the cookies are made using a cake mix, they have a soft, fluffy texture. They’re the perfect comforting Fall treat and the chocolate chips giving the cookies that extra chocolatey wow factor.
Great for any holiday get together, or just because. They went pretty quickly in my house with requests to make more, so of course I had to!
What is pumpkin spice?
Pumpkin spice is a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and allspice. Pumpkin spice blends vary so they are not the same everywhere you go.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made with only 3 ingredients
- Perfect for Fall
- They make great gifting cookies
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Spice cake mix
- Canned pumpkin purée
- Dark chocolate chips
How to make this recipe
The best part is it doesn’t get much easier than this recipe because these cookies are made using only 3 ingredients.
1 – Add a package of spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin purée and some chocolate chips to a large bowl.
2 – Mix all three ingredients together, and that’s the cookie dough!
3 – Using a cookie scoop, form 24 cookies and place on baking sheets, spread out evenly.
4 – Bake cookies for approximately 20 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure center of cookies are cooked through.
To get nice uniform cookies, I use a cookie scoop which made it easy to measure the cookie dough out evenly. I also baked them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper so there’s no need to grease the cookie sheet.
A tip to making the cookies look a little fancier is to reserve some of the chocolate chips that go in the dough mix. After the cookies are all scooped onto the cookie sheets, top each one with a few chocolate chips.
This is the best way to see the chocolate chips in the cookies and it makes them pop a bit more.
How do I store my leftover chocolate chip cookies?
Keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days.
Can I freeze my leftover chocolate chip cookies?
Yes! Place cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (1 cookie): 131
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 15.25 oz spice cake mix I use Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake Mix
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin purée
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pumpkin purée until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, form 24 cookies and place on baking sheets, spread out evenly.
- Bake cookies for approximately 20 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure center of cookies are cooked through.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!