This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Lemon cake with pineapple filling is light, flavorful and the perfect after dinner or party treat.
Pineapple and lemon are a match made in heaven. The flavor combination of this lemon cake with pineapple filling is delicious.
It makes a great summer dessert too since it’s so light. This is one my whole family loves and it was gobbled up so quickly there was barely any leftover for the next day.
What are the benefits of pineapple?
Pineapples are packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals. They are low in calories and rich in vitamin C and manganese. They are also a good source of antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties that may boost the immune system.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Lower in calories than traditional cake
- Great Spring flavors
- Fun for a party or with the family
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Lemon cake mix
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Crushed pineapple
- Lite whipped topping
- Sugar-free instant pudding
- Vanilla extract
- Skim milk
How to make the cake for this recipe
1 – Add the lemon cake mix, Greek yogurt and water to a large mixing bowl.
2 – Mix the ingredients well, then divide the batter in two round cake pans.
3 – Bake the cakes at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
4 – Once they are baked, let them cool a bit, then flip them out of the cake pans onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
How to make the frosting for this recipe
1 – In medium bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix, vanilla and milk. Mix well and set aside.
How to make the filling for this recipe
1 – Add the can of crushed pineapple and mix in 1/4 cup of the frosting to a mixing bowl.
Add just enough whipped topping to give the mixture a slightly spreadable consistency.
2 – Place one cake round on a plate. Top evenly with pineapple mixture. Place other cake round on top forming a sandwich.
3 – Frost cake with remaining frosting until all cake is covered.
Do I need to refrigerate my cake?
Yes. I don’t recommend leaving the whipped topping frosting unrefrigerated more than 2 hours.
How do I store my cake?
Cover cake with plastic wrap, or place in an airtight container. Properly stored in the refrigerator, the cake will last for 3-4 days.
Calories per serving (1 slice): 210
- 15.25 ounce box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained, I used canned crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 8 ounce tub lite whipped topping
- 1 ounce box of sugar-free instant pudding, vanilla or lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 - 9" round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, Greek yogurt and water. Mix for about 1 minute or until well blended. Divide in half, and pour mixture into prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check with toothpick in center to see if done. After 5 minutes, flip cakes over onto wire racks. Let cool.
- In medium bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix, vanilla and milk. Mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup frosting. Set frosting aside.
- Once crushed pineapple is drained well, add in the reserved 1/4 cup of frosting. Mix together well.
- Place one cake round on a plate. Top evenly with pineapple mixture. Place other cake round on top forming a sandwich.
- Frost cake with remaining frosting until all cake is covered.
Place crushed pineapple in strainer until juices strain out, about 15 minutes. You will want as much of the pineapple juice to run out as possible so pineapple mixture is not soggy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Performance Aluminum Pan 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, Set of 2
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!