This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you like eating cookie dough more than eating baked cookies, then this edible gluten-free cookie dough is the perfect dessert for you. The ingredients are simple and are made without any egg or gluten which makes it safe to eat for kids and adults!
It’s almost impossible for me to be around cookie dough and not swipe a bite of it. Has anyone made a recipe for a dozen cookies and then only ended up with enough dough for maybe 10 cookies? I know I’m guilty of that!
That’s why I love this cookie dough. It’s delicious, plus it’s totally safe to eat raw. This low-calorie edible gluten-free cookie dough is healthier than the traditional cookie dough as well.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s gluten-free making it the perfect dessert to serve to anyone who has celiac or needs to avoid gluten.
- There is no egg in this recipe making it perfectly safe to consume raw.
- It can be made ahead of time since it’s stored in the fridge.
- It’s made with ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
- The ingredients are inexpensive making it a budget friendly dessert.
- Perfect to serve at a party in cute glass jars.
- You can make it in large batches and freeze for later.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Almond Flour – This is what will replace the all purpose flour in traditional cookie dough. Since almond flour is made up of ground almonds, it’s completely safe to eat!
- Honey – This adds a natural sweetness without adding any refined sugar.
- Coconut Oil – This healthy fat binds the recipe together giving it a dough consistency.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – Helps thin out the dough if it becomes too thick.
- Salt – Balances the flavors of all the ingredients.
- Vanilla Extract – Pairs well with the flavors of cookie dough.
- Dark Chocolate Chips – Adds texture, crunch and a chocolate flavor.
How To Make Edible Gluten-Free Cookie Dough
Making the cookie dough is a quick process.
1 – In a large bowl, add almond flour, honey, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined.
2 – Fold in the chocolate chips until they’re mixed in.
- If you don’t like using almond flour, blend up oats or cashews until they are a fine powder and use as a substitute.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey for another natural sweet substitute.
- For a decadent edible cookie dough, use room temperature butter instead of coconut oil.
- Change the flavor by replacing vanilla extract with almond extract.
The possibilities are endless! Chocolate chips are the most popular cookie flavor, however there are so many different options.
- Toffee Pieces
- Funfetti Sprinkles
- Butterscotch Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Salted Caramel
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Peppermint Chips
How do I store homemade cookie dough? Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap to prevent the dough from drying out, and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Can I freeze cookie dough? Yes! Wrap cookie dough tightly with plastic freezer wrap, or in a freezer bag or airtight freezer container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How many calories are in edible cookie dough? Store bought edible cookie dough has about 140 calories for only 2 tbsp, and is loaded with wheat, sugar and soy. This recipe has 105 calories per 2 tbsp, and contains healthier ingredients.
Is raw cookie dough safe to eat? Homemade cookie dough often contains raw white flour and eggs. If flour isn’t treated to kill E. coli and other germs, it can make people sick. Raw eggs may also contain salmonella and other bacteria. This cookie dough recipe uses almond flour, which is safe to eat raw, and no eggs.
Calories per serving (1/4 cup): 211
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, honey, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Enjoy!
I use Bob's Red Mill super-fine almond flour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
OXO Good Grips Utensil Set, 3-Piece,Brown
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!