Vegetable egg bake is a great way to get those veggies into your diet. It also makes a great meal prep option.
If you’re looking for new ways to get more vegetables into your diet, this egg bake is a great way. Adding vegetables to your eggs not only instantly makes them healthier, but it also bulks up your meal, making it more filling.
What are the benefits of eating eggs?
Eggs are a great source of high-quality protein. They are a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Egg whites and yolks are both rich sources of protein.
This works great for a fun weekend breakfast, or even as a meal prep option for the week. Enjoy with your favorite salsa or toppings.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Great way to get those vegetables in your diet
- Eggs are high in protein, keeping you fuller longer
- Makes a great meal prep option to eat throughout the week
What vegetables can I add to my egg bake?
Egg bakes are a great way to use up any vegetables you have on hand. Artichokes, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, carrots, bell peppers are examples of more vegetables that can be added.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Coconut milk
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2 – Add eggs to a large mixing bowl, and whisk them.
3 – Add the spinach, tomato, zucchini, coconut milk and salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix everything together.
4 – Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
The eggs should be cooked through, but not overcooked. Serve with your favorite salsa or hot sauce.
How long does my egg bake last in the fridge?
Egg bakes will last for about 4 days in the fridge, making them a great meal prep option.
Can I freeze my egg bake?
Yes! l Egg bakes will last for 2 – 3 months in the freezer. Move from the freezer to the refrigerator 24 hours before you plan to eat it.
Calories per serving (1/8 of bake): 89
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Low-Carb Vegetable Egg Bake
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk from can
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut milk, spinach, tomato, zucchini, and salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until eggs are cooked through, but not overcooked. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!