Easy bacon breakfast hash makes a great breakfast and will keep you full for hours. A perfect weekend breakfast ready in under 30 minutes.
I love the simplicity of a breakfast hash and the versatility of it. This recipe is made with potatoes, red peppers, onions, and bacon. However, this is a dish that is perfect for using up any leftover vegetables on hand. The peppers are easily interchangeable, as well as the type of meat used. Bacon happens to be my favorite breakfast meat so that’s what I like to use. This is an easy breakfast too. Some chopping of vegetables and for the most part everything cooks together until tender. You can choose to top the hash as well with shredded cheese and a fried egg. It really adds to the dish and is super hearty to keep you full for a while.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy way to use of vegetables
- Great way to eat more vegetables
- Great family breakfast
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow onion
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
How to make this recipe
1 – Start by cooking the bacon. After the bacon is fully cooked, chop it up and set it aside.
2 – Chop the potatoes, onion and pepper.
3 – Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the the oil is heated, add the potatoes, onions and peppers and cook until everything is tender.
4 – Add the bacon in and mix together well.
5 – Divide the hash up between four bowls and top with a couple tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese and a fried egg.
What can I add to my breakfast hash?
Breakfast hash bowls can be made with a variety of meats and vegetables. Carnitas, brisket, roast chicken, turkey and sausage are great meats to use for a hash. Any kind of potato, sweet potato, or yam will work too. Bell peppers, carrots, spinach, mushrooms and kale make great hash vegetables.
How do I store my breakfast hash?
Place cooled hash in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave for 1-3 minutes.
Calories per serving (1 bowl): 347
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Easy Bacon Breakfast Hash
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, over easy or medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add diced potatoes, peppers, and onions and cook until tender. Add cooked bacon, and stir well.
- Divide hash into 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of shredded cheese over each bowl. Top each bowl with egg.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!