This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot low-carb cheesecake is perfect for a simple dessert and great for a party or gathering.
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, and I’ll rarely turn down a good slice. Since I’ve been cooking more with my Instant Pot, I had to make a cheesecake too!
This Instant Pot low-carb cheesecake is changed up from the usual graham cracker crust to an almond flour crust, which makes the cheesecake lower in carbs, while also keeping a delicious tasting crust.
I added a little cinnamon to my crust to kick up the flavor a bit.
What is cheesecake?
Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of layers. A crust or base and a thick mixture of soft, fresh cream cheese, eggs, and sugar.
What is monk fruit?
Monk fruit sweetener is a natural, zero-calorie sweetener and is is derived from the juice of monk fruit.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Low in carbs and sugar
- Fun dessert to make in the Instant Pot
- Versatile, top with your favorite topping
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
How to make this recipe
The cream cheese and eggs need to be completely at room temperature before starting. It’s important not to skip this step because the consistency of the cheesecake filling won’t be the same if you try to make the mixture with cold cream cheese. It will likely leave clumps and lumps and won’t have the smooth consistency that is needed.
1 – In a large bowl, add the blanched almond flour, melted butter and cinnamon. Mix until they are combined well.
2 – Add the crust mixture to a 7” springform pan. Press along the bottom so it’s a smooth layer with some of the crust mixture partially coming up the sides. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
3 – In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Slowly add in the lemon juice, while mixing.
4 – Add the eggs, one at a time. It’s important not to over beat the mixture. Stop mixing once the eggs are combined.
5 – Pour the filling into the chilled almond flour crust. Wrap the top of the cheesecake with foil, then set pan on top of another piece of foil and wrap it up over the sides, so the entire springform pan is covered.
6 – Add water to the Instant Pot and lower the cheesecake carefully into the pot on a trivet (the Instant Pot comes with one).
7 – Secure the lid and make sure the valve is turned to sealing. Turn the Instant Pot on to high pressure and cook for 40 minutes.
After cheesecake is finished cooking
8 – When the cheesecake is done, let the Instant Pot naturally release the pressure. This takes about 30 minutes.
9 – Carefully remove cheesecake from the Instant Pot with the trivet handles. Let it cool to room temperature, then place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to chill. It’s needs to chill about 8 hours, or overnight.
10 – Once it’s done chilling, remove the foil from the cheesecake. You may need to blot off any condensation with a paper towel. The trickiest part is removing the cheesecake from the springform pan.
You can run a knife along the sides of the pan, then push up the bottom of the pan and slowly remove the cheesecake from the pan.
Serve cold with any toppings you like for cheesecake.
What are good toppings for my cheesecake?
Fresh fruit, candy, caramel, chocolate shavings and crushed cookies are a few popular toppings.
How do I store homemade cheesecake?
Cover cooled cheesecake and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze homemade cheesecake?
Yes! Once completely cooled, remove from springform pan, place on a baking sheet in freezer until frozen. Then, remove from freezer and wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
To thaw, transfer to refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours or at room temperature 4 to 6 hours.
Calories per serving (1 slice): 232
- 1 cup blanched amond flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, melted butter and cinnamon and stir until well combined. Press crumbs into the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add in lemon juice, while mixing. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until last egg is incorporated. Be careful not to over beat the mixture.
- Pour filling into chilled almond flour crust.
- Cover the top of the springform pan in foil. Set pan on top of another piece of foil and wrap it up over the sides, so the entire springform pan is covered.
- Fill the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Place wrapped cheesecake on a trivet and lower into the Instant Pot. Secure the lid. Turn valve to sealing.
- Set to high pressure for 40 minutes. When the cheesecake is done, allow to naturally release pressure, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from the Instant Pot by the handles and allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature. Place cheese cake in the refrigerator to chill overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- After chilling, remove foil from springform pan. Blot any condensation with a paper towel. Gently remove cheesecake from pan by gently pushing the bottom of the springform pan. You may need to run a knife along the sides of the pan first.
- Top chilled cheesecake with your favorite topping. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SHARDOR Hand Mixer 350W Power Advantage Electric Handheld Mixers with 5 Stainless Steel Attachments(2 Beaters, 2 Dough Hooks and 1 Whisk), Storage Case, Silver
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Instant Pot Official Springform Pan, 7.5-Inch, Gray
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!