Fruit pizza sugar cookies are the perfect low-carb and gluten-free sweet treat.
Christmas is two days away and the year is almost over. I don’t know about anyone else, but this year felt like it flew right by. Far too quickly I might add. I’m finishing out the year with one more batch of cookies. These fruit pizza sugar cookies are the best of both worlds. Cookies, frosting and fruit. Fruit makes them even healthier, right? I’m going to say yes! Even better, these cookies are low-carb and gluten-free too.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Almond flour
- baking powder
- Baking soda
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Swerve confectioners
How to make Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookies
To start on these fruit pizza sugar cookies, first preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Add the almond flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and monk fruit sweetener to a bowl. Mix all the ingredients together. If you’ve never worked with monk fruit before, it’s the perfect white sugar substitute. It contains zero calories and carbs, and it works as a 1:1 ratio in replacing white sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, vanilla extract and almond milk. Then, stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients until everything is well combined. Place the dough in the fridge for about an hour to chill.
Once the dough is chilled, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into about 1” balls. The dough should make about 12 cookies. Place the balls, evenly spread out, on the cookie sheet. With the bottom of a cup or the palm of your hand, gently smash down the balls into ¼”-thick cookies.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. The cookies will be very soft when you take them out of the oven. Leave them on the cookie sheet to completely cool, which is about 30 minutes.
While the cookies are cooling, add the softened butter, confectioners’ sugar and almond milk to a bowl to make the frosting. Mix all the ingredients together well until a smooth frosting forms. Then, chop up the raspberries and kiwis and set aside. Once the cookies are cool, spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting on to each cookie and top with fruit.
How do I store homemade fruit pizza cookies?
Fruit pizza cookies will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Unfrosted or topped with fruit, can be stored at room temperature for put to 4 days. Unbaked cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (1 cookie): 129
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookies - Low-Carb, Low-Calorie, GF
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients well. In a seperate bowl, add the melted butter and stir in the confectioners sugar and milk.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Form dough into 12 1"-thick balls. Place evenly on baking sheet. With bottom of cup, or palm of hand, press the balls into 1/4"-thick cookies.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. They will look underdone when you take them out. Leave cookies on baking sheet until fully cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Place ingredients for frosting in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Frost each cookie with about 1 tbsp of frosting. Top with chopped up kiwis, raspberries, and blueberries, or your favorite fruit.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookies, then you might also like: