Fudgy brownies are ooey, gooey and full of delicious flavor. Gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, and amazing.
These fudgy brownies are about to become your new favorite from-scratch made brownies. Not only are they completely homemade, they are also gluten, grain, dairy and refined sugar free! They are super easy to make and they lack zero flavor.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made from scratch
- Perfect if you don’t eat gluten, grains or refined sugars
- Great if you like your brownies to be soft and gooey
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Almond butter
- Coconut oil
- Cacao powder
- Baking powder
- Almond flour
- Chocolate bar
My favorite chocolate bar to use is the Lily’s brand, but your favorite chocolate bar works great too.
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2 – In a medium sized bowl, mix together the egg, maple syrup, vanilla, almond butter and coconut oil.
3 – In a separate small bowl, mix together the cacao powder, baking powder and almond flour.
4 – Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing until incorporated.
5 – By hand, mix in the chopped chocolate and pecans into the brownie mixture.
6 – Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with cooking spray, or line pan with parchment paper. Pour in the batter. Bake the brownies for 15 minutes. Remove, and let cool.
How do I store homemade brownies?
Place cooled brownies in an airtight container. If you’re stacking the brownies, place a sheet of wax paper between each layer so the brownies don’t stick to each other. The brownies will be good in the airtight container for 3-5 days.
Can I freeze homemade brownies?
Yes! Place the cooled brownies in a freezer safe container, or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (1 square): 187
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Made From Scratch Fudgy Brownies
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate almond butter, melted Regular almond butter works too
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 oz chocolate bar, chopped I use Lily's, but feel free to use your favorite brand.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the egg, maple syrup, vanilla, almond butter and coconut oil. In a seperate medium sized bowl, mix together the salt, cacao powder, baking powder and almond flour.
- While mixing, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. By hand, mix in the chopped up chocolate and pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
- Pecans can be omitted from recipe, if desired.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!