Chewy almond flour chocolate chip cookies are a delicious way to enjoy cookies that are low carb and gluten free.
If you’re a lover of chocolate chip cookies, but can’t eat the gluten, these cookies are the perfect solution. Not only are they gluten-free, they are also low-carb. These cookies ditch the white all-purpose flour and are made with almond flour instead.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Perfect for people looking for gluten-free desserts
- Chewy cookies to satisfy your sweet tooth
- Made with ingredients you can find at any grocery store
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Chocolate chips
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
2 – In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, monk fruit sweetener, egg and vanilla extract and mix together well.
3 – In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
4 – Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until everything is mixed together well.
5 – Fold in the chocolate chips.
6 – Scoop the cookies onto lined baking sheets. The recipe makes about one dozen cookies. Using a cookie scoop ensures even cookies, but a spoon works great too.
7 – Bake for 8-10 minutes, allowing cookies to fully cool on baking sheets before removing them.
How do I store my leftover cookies?
Place cooled cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for about 3 days.
Can I freeze my leftover cookies?
Yes! Allow the cookies to cool completely. Place them in the freezer on the lined parchment paper. Once they’re frozen, place them in a resealable zip top bag. The cookies will last in the freezer for about 3-4 weeks.
Calories per serving (1 cookie): 188
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Chewy Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, monk fruit sweetener, egg and vanilla extract. Mix together well. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until everything is blended together well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookies onto lined baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, allowing cookies to fully cool on baking sheets before removing them. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- The cookies will cook more evenly on parchment paper. However, if parchment paper in unavailable you can also lightly spray the baking sheet too.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!