This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings are made easy with the Instant Pot. Brushed with BBQ sauce and finished in the broiler for added flavor.
Making chicken wings in the Instant Pot doesn’t get too much easier than this. You don’t need any special accessories, just the trivet that comes with your Instant Pot.
These Instant Pot BBQ wings can be cooked fresh, or frozen straight from the freezer. Once the wings are cooked, they are lightly tossed in some spices and BBQ sauce, then broiled in the oven.
They turn out so flavorful and they make a great family meal. Add these Instant Pot BBQ chicken wings to your dinner rotation!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made easy with the Instant Pot
- Makes a great family meal
- Pairs well with your favorite side dish
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Raw chicken wings (fresh or frozen)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- BBQ sauce
How to make this recipe
1 – Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and place trivet in the pot. Place the wings on top of the trivet.
2 – Close the lid and make sure the valve points to sealed.
3 – Pressure cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes for frozen wings, or 8 minutes for thawed wings. Naturally release for 10 minutes, then Quick Release to let out any remaining steam.
4 – Carefully transfer the wings to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the wings with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Lightly toss.
5 – Add 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce and gently toss the wings again.
6 – Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place the wings on the sheet.
7 – With the remaining BBQ sauce, brush the wings with more BBQ sauce.
8 – Broil the wings for 10 minutes on high, flipping them halfway through.
When the wings are done, transfer to a serving platter.
How do I store cooked chicken wings?
Placed cooled wings in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze cooked chicken wings?
Yes! Place the wings in a freezer safe bag. Remove as much air as possible before you seal it. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (1/2 lb): 363
- 2 lbs chicken wings, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, divided into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and place trivet in the pot. Place the wings on top of the trivet. Close the lid and make sure the valve points to sealed.
- Pressure cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes for frozen wings, or 8 minutes for thawed wings. Naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release to let out any remaining steam.
- Carefully transfer the wings to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the wings with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Lightly toss.
- Add 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce and gently toss the wings again.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place the wings on the sheet.
- With the remaining BBQ sauce, brush the wings with more BBQ sauce. Broil the wings for 10 minutes on high, flipping them halfway through.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees. Measure this at the thickest part of the chicken near the bone. Continue cooking until chicken reaches temperature.
- The Instant Pot needs to come to pressure before the cooking time starts, similar to an oven that needs to preheat. The cooking time doesn't actually start until pressure builds, which can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on how full the pot is and how much liquid there is inside. Once it reaches pressure the Instant Pot will beep, and the cook time will begin to count down. Please, make sure to consider that extra time when planning your meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 810mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 24g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other chicken recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!