Green protein smoothie is healthy and dairy-free. Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack.
Smoothies are one of my favorite go to breakfast ideas. They’re quick, easy, and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. This green smoothie is a great way to get in your protein and greens. It’s also filing, so you will feel satisfied for a while too!
What are the benefits of spinach?
Spinach is low in carbs but high in insoluble fiber, which may help with digestion. It’s also packed with carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.
Like most smoothies, everything gets tossed into the blender and this one is no different. Smoothies are very low maintenance which makes them desirable in my book.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Healthy, with no added sugar
- Made in only a few minutes
- Great for kids
- Great way to sneak in vegetables
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla protein powder
- Baby spinach
How to make this recipe
1 – Place the almond milk, protein powder, frozen banana chunks, and fresh spinach in the blender.
2 – Blend until all the ingredients are well blended. I like to blend until my spinach is fully blended, or close too. I don’t like drinking my smoothies with chunks of spinach, so I usually blend for at least a full minute.
After blending you’ll have a beautiful green smoothie. The spinach makes your smoothie green, but it won’t taste like spinach. This is a great way to get fresh veggies into your diet.
What are good smoothie toppings?
Chia seeds, hemp seeds, bee pollen and flax seeds are great toppings for your smoothie.
Calories per serving (1 smoothie): 265
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Dairy-Free Green Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder Use your favorite brand
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Add almond milk, protein powder, banana chunks and spinach into blender.
- Blend for a full minute, or until the spinach is broken down and the smoothie is smooth with no banana or spinach chunks.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!